Fitty (one) cents...yes, FITTY

Texconsin

Recycles dryer sheets
I can finally post!

So, for my first, I found that firecalc.com can read cents.

For a 100% success rate, 20 years @ $30,000/per year (Social Security not included, of course) will require a portfolio somewhere between $678,140.50 (99.2% success rate with the worst case of -$0) and $678,140.51 (100% success rate with the worst case of +$0).

I was going to try fractions of cents, but I'm afraid that it might run into hundredths or thousandths (or quadrillionths) of cents and I'd never be able to go the office to earn those remaining hundreds of thousands to get to $678,140.51.

And, yes, I think 20 years will just about do it and, yes, $30K plus Social Security is plenty for DirecTV, taxes, insurance, heat, light and the occasional car or house repair.

....Social Security is plenty for DirecTV, taxes, insurance, heat, light and the occasional [-]car[/-] or house repair.

Welcome.

No argument from me on this: Mom has been doing it plus continuing to save a bit (old habits) for the last few years, no car. While it isn't my ideal lifestyle, it is also far from the dire straights some might picture. She is happy with her lifestyle; and, I believe I could adjust if need be.

So, just for our entertainment, what other kinds of useless minutia do you fixate on when not running FireCal to the penny? Calculating the exact value of Pi?

Too many carbs in Pi

Welcome.

No argument from me on this: Mom has been doing it plus continuing to save a bit (old habits) for the last few years, no car. While it isn't my ideal lifestyle, it is also far from the dire straights some might picture. She is happy with her lifestyle; and, I believe I could adjust if need be.

So, just for our entertainment, what other kinds of useless minutia do you fixate on when not running FireCal to the penny? Calculating the exact value of Pi?

5 days a week, I leave the house at 7 a.m., return at 8 p.m. and take a 4 mile walk, returning to shower, make myself a Ninja pitcher of vodka/sugar-free drink mix slushy, watch (hopefully) American Greed, Forensic Files, World War II documentaries, etc., eat and go to bed at midnight, waking at 6:30 a.m. to do it all over again. (Most walks have a common thread...years, months, days and dollars until I can give that 30-day notice.)

....For a 100% success rate, 20 years @ $30,000/per year (Social Security not included, of course) will require a portfolio somewhere between $678,140.50 (99.2% success rate with the worst case of -$0) and $678,140.51 (100% success rate with the worst case of +$0). ....

Are you sure you are not already retired? Or was it a really ssllooww week? :D

5 days a week, I leave the house at 7 a.m., return at 8 p.m. and take a 4 mile walk, returning to shower, make myself a Ninja pitcher of vodka/sugar-free drink mix slushy, watch (hopefully) American Greed, Forensic Files, World War II documentaries, etc., eat and go to bed at midnight, waking at 6:30 a.m. to do it all over again. (Most walks have a common thread...years, months, days and dollars until I can give that 30-day notice.)

When do you work:confused:?

The 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. IS the workday...

When do you work:confused:?

I'm away 13 hours and about 11.5 of that is at the office.

God help me if it takes 13 hours to walk 4 miles (8:15 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. or thereabouts).

Welcome Tex from Katy, tell us more about yourself.

Actually, it's more like "when do you eat"?

I remember times like that. A distant and fading memory... :) Welcome to the forum, Texconsin.

I'm away 13 hours and about 11.5 of that is at the office.

God help me if it takes 13 hours to walk 4 miles (8:15 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. or thereabouts).

I hope you are still young enough. I did that kind of schedule in my 20's and 30's. But I stopped that job before it kills me.

Back
Top Bottom