Good bye - I enjoyed being here

So sorry to see you go!

Thank you for the CD tips - very helpful to me.

I also thank you for your service to our country.

Best wishes.

First, thank you for your service on behalf of me and all my fellow Americans.
You were always a nice fellow. I wish you all the best!

Orchidflower

As you can gather from these posts you are a well-liked and well-respected member on this board. I, too, will miss you. And, I too, want to thank you for your service to this country.

Good luck OAG,
Your posts were very much appreciated and I'll miss them, I still have one of your long posts on Social Security printed out and in my Social Security file for reference when the time comes.

Just wanted to say Good bye and say I enjoyed this forum for a couple of years. Thanks to all that have helped during the time I have been a member here.

OAG

Do you suppose he saved his final words for this forum:confused: ? as its kinda strange for some one who participated in the forum so much to just say goodby leaving it to our imaginations as to why he left.
Godspeed OAG:greetings10:

I've always liked the expression, "maturity is the ability to live with an incomplete world view." Sometimes when someone wants to go, we have to accept that.

[edit: btw, OAG logged off two and a half hours after his good-bye post and has not been back to this site.]

Last edited:
It's always sad for me to see a well respected fellow member leave a forum. For some reason I just came across their thread but have some of the same thoughts such as, "OAG why are you leaving?". I hope it's nothing that was said on this forum or even something in his/her personal life that maybe we could have helped them with.
Although I didn't know the forum member as well as most, I too am also sorry to see OAG leave and can only hope there is a change of heart and we see OAG post here again.

There are a few notable folks who have left, OAG being the last one I can think of. I miss astromeria, I wonder what ever happened to her?

There are a few notable folks who have left, OAG being the last one I can think of. I miss astromeria, I wonder what ever happened to her?

Why not send her a PM or an e-mail if her profile allows that?

Some people leave without a goodbye, some like OAG bid farewell. I don't remember ever formally saying goodbye to places I used to post.

But like everyone else I hope OAG is doing well!

Do you suppose he saved his final words for this forum:confused: ? as its kinda strange for some one who participated in the forum so much to just say goodby leaving it to our imaginations as to why he left.
Godspeed OAG:greetings10:

Let me try to answer your question (in my words). I was originally a member of this forum about four years ago (two years before retirement). At the time, I was looking for a place to ask my "dumb" questions about retirement and some options on what I should do to invest my assets (under a much different market, if you remember).

During those two years, I found valuable info, both supplied by forum members (thanks!) and also by my own investigation on certain subjects. However, when I posted my findings, I found a lot of "static" from a certain forum member (un-named) who thought that they had the answer to everything.

Well, I retired. Since it's "my life", I enacted my ER portfolio in the manner that I felt worked for me (as anybody should do); however, I still faced an argument on my decisions.

Simply, I left and went on to other forums, and other endevors.

After two years of retirement (and also over a year since my final post), I've come back - albit with a different attitude. I'll contribute little, but read much. I found over the last few years (on the forums in which I participate) I seek less information and have become more comfortable in the decisions I've made to be able to retire early, and enjoy a good retirement (2 years, a/o May 1st) that is a result of my own decisions. Just my view on the subject...

Just wanted to say Good bye and say I enjoyed this forum for a couple of years. Thanks to all that have helped during the time I have been a member here.

OAG

OAG,

Have fun in whatever you will be doing. I have not been active in this forum for a while as the economy turns sour. My current interest is playing tennis.

Spanky

... I found a lot of "static" from a certain forum member (un-named) who thought that they had the answer to everything.

... I found over the last few years (on the forums in which I participate) I seek less information and have become more comfortable in the decisions I've made to be able to retire early, and enjoy a good retirement (2 years, a/o May 1st) that is a result of my own decisions.

Welcome back!

By the way, I am glad that you have made your own financial decisions and are comfortable with them. That's the only way. It's your own money, and only you will have to live with it. I've learned other aspects of investing, savings, and lifestyles here. I collect information, then make my own choices. What works for other people does not work for me, and vice versa.

You've got to do it your way! There are these "wise" people in real life as well as here. Don't let them bother you.

"I've lived a life that's full -
I've travelled each and every highway.
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets? I've had a few,
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption."​

French Music ("Comme d'habitude") - English lyrics by Paul Anka - Popularized by Frank Sinatra

If OAG left because of some friction he/she was having with another forum member i can only say to not get too personnally involved with what some forum members have to say,forums in general are a great source of information but when 40 to 100 thousand people get together there will be differences of opinions and some threads/members you just have to walk away from or it will just turn into an arguement.
However reading over OAG's last few posts he/she didnt seem to be having problems with any one.

Back
Top Bottom