Greetings all!

ThePlunge

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi everyone,

My wife and I have been combing through our finances trying to determine if we can retire in about a year, I would be 54, she 58.
It's a lofty goal that I feel I have a pretty good handle on but will need affirmation prior to pulling the trigger.
I am from the tech side of industry, she a nurse. We are both ready to downsize and move on. Current plan; sell the house, secure the money from said house and hit the road RV'g for however long.
We'll see.
Financial planning and investment are not my strong suit but have been learning a lot the last few years. Mostly have invested and forgot in our 401K's, not I need to be more involved.

Almost ready to take ThePlunge

Hi and Welcome -

There are a lot of folks who enjoy full time RVing. Personally, I could see it as a part time option (6 months a year) - but I'd want a home base to settle into when the hassles of RVing get too much. Some folks I've read about accomplish this by travelling, RVing, or boating for multi-month stretches, then having a small apartment or condo in a low cost of living location.

I'm just a little younger than you (53) and retired last year. We have kids at home, so the extended travelling is limited to school holidays... which is kind of a bummer. It will be nice for you and your wife to be able to take advantage of great places during the less crowded, non-touristy seasons.

Welcome and good luck!

Thanks

Hi Rodi,
Thanks for the welcoming and input. We know we will want to hang our hat somewhere. We will be buying something at some point, part of our travels might reveal where we might want to live. We have also toyed with living abroad for chunks of months at a time.
We'll see.

Welcome! There is lots of good information here about being financially ready, and lots of folks ready and willing to answer specific questions. Hope we can be helpful in getting you prepared to "jump in"!

Back
Top Bottom