Grettings from argentina

tony-kanka

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello to all, first of all, I would have to excuse myself because I'm not a native english speaker; for you to understand if I have some or lots of mistakes while writing :)- that said I will introduce mysellf.
I'm José Antonio Velázquez, 35 years old and living in Argentina, in a province called Tucumán. My profession is clinical bioquimistry, and I work at a Hospital once a week, on saturdays, and at my private lab the rest of the time.
You would wonder what is this guy doing here? Well, I have already been in another forum, in Argentina, called EMPRESORES, that is similar to this one, but I have curisity about how you, in your country, manage the situations, to compare with us, in latinamerica. And of course, the main purpose is to learn how to be retire early. That I think, is a difficult task, that if get to do it, I will be the happiest man on earth! Because right now it seems to far for me, as a dream. I hope you can embrace a foreigner in the forum and hope to be able to comunicate without problems, Saludos para todos ( greetings for you all ) Tony

Welcome Tony,

I imaging the formula is the same in Argentina as in the US. Live Well Below Your Means and save, save, save. The happiness part is a little more complicated.

Just remember to skip over topics that deal with taxation and benefits, medicare, where to live in the US, consumer products and a few others too numerous to mention.

But Nanasour has summed it up nicely.

Bienvenidos, Tony! Sounds like you are goiong to fit in well here.

There are a lot of well-informed and helpful people on this board so feel free to ask questions.

omni

Bienvenidos Tony!

I have visited our country and found it very beautiful. We would love to hear your perspective on financial independence and early retirement in Argentina, too.

Meadbh (from Canada)

Welcome Tony! While some things may be different in various countries, the general ideas are the same and I love to hear about everyone's different experiences.

Just remember to skip over topics that deal with taxation and benefits, medicare, where to live in the US, consumer products and a few others too numerous to mention.

But Nanasour has summed it up nicely.

First of all, thanks to you all for your welcome! I just thought what you're saying, while I was reading some discussions on taxes and another local details, of course, non of them would be applicable to my reality here in Argentina, but as Katie said, the general ideas are the same, and that's what I want to learn, I'm sure I will.

The Nanasour's advise was beautiful, we know that's the way, but, Who can actually do it so easily? Because if you have a family, a wife, you don't dicide just for yourself, and this situations in life, add complexity to our already complex financial life.

Bestwifeever: Answering to your question about planning, in fact, the real inflation is about 30 %, last year was about 40 %, so you can imagine, the stability is an utopia. Saving for us, is to lose money, because the banks paid you 22 % per year, and the amount you can save is really little, if you can save. So, for us, saving is just a mean to make a really really good investment, but for that, you have to know where to invest your little savings. But is a long story to tell in just one message, I will be telling my soap opera life little by little if you are interested

Bienvenidos Tony!

I have visited our country and found it very beautiful. We would love to hear your perspective on financial independence and early retirement in Argentina, too.

Meadbh (from Canada)

Thanks Meadbh! yes, Argentina has a beautiful landscape, and a vast territory, and its people is a very warm. Of course, that's the good part of it, there are many bad things, but that's related to the wrong ways of human kind, corruption and things like that, in our goverment. But I think that happens all around the world

Tony
Mexico went through that high inflation/devaluation in the 90s.

It will be possible to get through it. Meanwhile keep some money in US funds!
That will be a great store of wealth in spite of the government.

Back
Top Bottom