Hello like minded individuals

jmp470

Recycles dryer sheets
Greetings all,
My name is John and I'm about to become F.I. :D Additionally, I have about 1 year left in my current job :D I will be retired at 41. However, I currently own a consulting business that is going to turn into an executive job next year :facepalm: My plan is to do that for a few years, until 45 ish, then retire completely. However, the best laid plans are always derailed. So my intent is to just be F.I. and go from there. I look forward to exchanging ideas with you all and reading about other.

Best of Health and Wealth to all.

John

The nice thing about FI is that you can "to thine own self be true" and call things like you see them.... if you want to continue working you can be more diplomatic about the message delivery.... if you could care less then you can me less diplomatic... if they don't like it then you can tell them "Thanks for the memories" and walk out the door. Very liberating.

The nice thing about FI is that you can "to thine own self be true" and call things like you see them.... if you want to continue working you can be more diplomatic about the message delivery.... if you could care less then you can me less diplomatic... if they don't like it then you can tell them "Thanks for the memories" and walk out the door. Very liberating.
Welcome jmp470. As said above, being FI is very liberating. (It certainly was for me) I worked for a number of years after becoming FI, but my attitude about work certainly changed, a lot.

Well it has been two years, and I figured I would update this post. I finally got to retire from my job, April 2018, I'm now 42. The consulting gig ended and I didn't take the fulltime position. With a family of 5, 3 young kids, our lives are now dictated by the kids school schedule vs work.

My end results are: Net worth, about $46 in my wallet. I honestly never worried about NW, I focused more on passive income. We have just over $9K per month coming in, with about $4K - $5K able to be used for spending and around $100K that I use to play the markets.

As for work, I'm in contract negotiations now on another consulting gig, but, it will be for 6 months to 1 year only. I'm also going to help a buddy of mine sell his cattle.

So we will see how this goes. As for the summer, we plan on traveling.

Congrats, jmp470! I honestly look forward to the day when my daily life is dictated by the kids' school schedule. :) Health and wealth to you and yours.

Back
Top Bottom