Hi

Matthewlevi

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi, I am matthewlevi, recently retired and have questions about my investments with E.J.

I would like to know exactly how much EJ advisory solutions is making off me each month? I started out in mutual funds and after about 5 years was talked into moving into advisory solutions. I have been into advisory solutions for a couple of years and want to go back to mutual funds and was told I would have to pay another 2 1/2 % to buy back into mutual funds. I am disgusted and trying to decide what to do.

On my screen when I am logged in and click on a forum on the top left above all the listing of posts I see a button that says new thread.

Welcome to the forum. (I don't have much to contribute, unfortunately on your question but I'm sure that others will).

I'm not sure if I completely understand your question. Can't you call them and ask them what their fee structure is? I would think you had to sign a document at some point that disclosed these fees, but even if you did not, I'm sure they would answer you if you asked. In general portfolio advisory services run from about 1% to 1.5% per year of assets under management. I have not worked specifically with Edward Jones though, so I can't say for sure what their typical structure is.

If they have you invested in mutual funds, then in addition to the advisory fees, you are incurring expenses on behalf of the fund. You can look up the expense ratio of each fund online. Index funds usually run about .05-.10%, while actively managed funds generally run from about .5% to almost 2%.

Back
Top Bottom