Hi, I am Phil

I may have missed it in previous posts but you seem to limit yourself to only 2 towns in which to consider employment. Why would you want to go back to your old job? You left because there were better conditions, pay, etc. in your new job. Surely there must be hundreds of others places in the country that use your skills. It sounds to me that if there were other opportunities elswhere your SO would still be unwilling to move no matter where you would be located. It also sounds like you prefer staying in your comfort zone and are not the type to explore other opportunities whether work, location, or relationship. This is not meant to be critical just an observation.

Consider too if you return to take a lesser paying job and have to use your retirement money to make up the difference then it won't take long before you will no longer be FI and also won't be able to finance your SO and her parents. What then? You are allowing yourself to be limited in your choices which could result in a downward spiral financially and eventually in your relationship.

There are too many things going on here with too little information to offer any worth while recommendations. I hope you figure it all out.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom