Hi new here

clay5769

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi all My names Clayton I live in Baltimore Maryland and I'm New here I found this forum while on the internet.
I'm 50 and was offered a early retirement and a buy out I work for the federal government .
I took it and I will be retiring 31 march 2008.
I'm trying to get any and all information on my thrift saving plan and using the 72 rule to get some money out until I'm 59 1/2

Thanks
Clayton..

Clayton, welcome to the board. You have a few months to get your head wrapped around the unplanned change. Definately read the FAQ and best of boards.

There is much discussion on SWR (safe withdrawal rates) and 72T rules. Be sure to run your plans through FIRECalc as well.

Hope to hear more about your transition.

Thanks..
I been buring my brain on how to get this done (72T) I can take monthly payments no problems from my TSP I just dont know if there is anything I need to do with the IRS? Like do I need to do anything other then file a 1098 form I have a apointment with a finance guy this monday..
again Hi and thanks.
Clayton

Welcome to 72t on the Net

You can do it once you put it into an IRA. This website has a ton of info on it. Also, beware of investment advisors and consultants. Their job is to transfer some of your funds to their bank accounts.

Back
Top Bottom