Hi - still on the fence

Behan

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hi, found this board a few weeks ago after my DW's semi-unplanned retirement. I think maybe she got tired of all my planning, multi-tabbed spreadsheet, colorful charts and floating FIRE date and just decided to force the issue. I still have a minimum of a couple years to wear my corporate handcuffs and the original plan was we would RE at the same time in a few years down the road. I'm probably still on the fence about continuing to work, finding something part time, or just calling it quits like she did. Oh well, financially I'm not too concerned, and her stress level has gone WAY down. But I'm not sure either one of us is really able to answer the question that we keep getting asked "so what are you going to do with all your free time?". I know, not a bad problem to have and I guess my answer will change over the years. I do appreciate all the knowledge, experience and humor that are shared here and I hope to be able to contribute what I've learned (often the hard way) going forward.

Behan said:
I think maybe she got tired of all my planning, multi-tabbed spreadsheet, colorful charts and floating FIRE date and just decided to force the issue. [....] But I'm not sure either one of us is really able to answer the question that we keep getting asked "so what are you going to do with all your free time?".

Somebody with good spreadsheet skills will have no trouble entertaining themselves in retirement. It's amazing how much modeling you'll want to do once those stable paychecks stop appearing in your bank account. ;)

Good point. I can just see the conversation with DW in the future.. hey look at this chart, if I plan that I will lose the rest of my hair in the next 5 years then the decrease in my barber cost can fund an increase in my beer budget.. :D

I'll be chuckling over this for a week or so.. thanks for the laugh !

goodguy

Behan said:
Good point. I can just see the conversation with DW in the future.. hey look at this chart, if I plan that I will lose the rest of my hair in the next 5 years then the decrease in my barber cost can fund an increase in my beer budget.. :D

Back
Top Bottom