Howdy from Bee Cave TX

dirt_dobber

Recycles dryer sheets
New to the forum here and this is my first post. :greetings10:

I'm 56 years old, happily married for 35 years, 3 kids and 3 grandkids - and thankful for good health.

I will be getting laid off in a couple of weeks after 38 years in the Oil business and the last 23 years at the same company :dance:. I am going to retire at this young age and look to use this forum for guidence and suggestions.

Welcome! I believe the great index Mutual Fund Company Dimensional Funds (DFA) has their headquarters very near you on Bee Cave Road.
They made my ER possible.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Welcome. You might become addicted to this forum like I have!

Welcome, looking forward to hearing more from you.

Greetings dirt_dobber, regardless of how you enter retirement it can be a great time of life's journey, I wish you a happy and healthy one.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Welcome to the ER forums from another Texan

Welcome, from a neighbor on 71 and east of 35! I have a friend who is a bit worried that this could be his last week on the rig. He has been with Patterson Drilling as a tool pusher for 25+ years and many years before that with various companies. He acts like everything will be okay regardless, but I see a bit of apprehension. He survived the first boom and bust in the 80's and is very much the survivor type. Looks like you are on top of things as well...

Welcome from another neighbor just south of Austin (yet still in Travis County), near Manchaca, TX!

Welcome to the Forum. I hope you will enjoy your retirement and especially more time with grand kids.

Back
Top Bottom