injured and feeling helpless

Others have made great suggestions to help with your original question. I was just thinking reading your OP... you seem to have been working for a year since the original operation (as still have sick leave). While still working I would explore any possible job shifts (supervisor, sideways moves) with your current employer - they may be more likely to be accommodating than a new unknown employer. You seem to be the type of person that is proud, hard-working and unwilling to accept charity, but I think "you deserve" a bit of accommodation from your current employer.

svhoper, You are correct, I worked for a few months before I started noticing something was not right. I went back to the original Dr. and was told not to worry as shoulders are "slow to heal". So I worked a few more months and very gradually things got worse until I decided I needed to have it looked at again. Anyway the new Dr. didn't see any problems on the MRI but thought he should look with a scope to be safe(last week) and then found the problem. My employer has been great in dealing with this whole thing. They just can't do more for me than they would for anyone else and rightfully so. I am sure if something opened up in the company that I was even somewhat qualified for I would have a pretty good shot at it.

Back
Top Bottom