Just saying Hi!

Beardog

Dryer sheet aficionado
I have been reading this forum intermittently for a good while. I joined some time ago, but I'm just now getting around to posting.

I am 52, and the wife is 54. Been married 33 years. The kids are grown, and we are empty nesters. I am transitioning from full-time to part-time work October 1st, and hope to work 1/2 time for about 5 years. My wife has worked part-time for me (from her home office), but hasn't worked outside the home for about 25 years.

We are downsizing our house (already on the market), and own a motorhome, that we already use as much as time and schedule will permit. We have no debt, and are timidly talking about early retirement, extensive travel in the continental USA, Social Security options for the future, etc.

Just wanted to say hello, and not be a total stranger as I start posting around on the forums!

Welcome! Look forward to reading more of your posts.

Thanks for introducing yourself, beardog. There are quite a few of us with motorhomes here so look forward to more posts from you!

Welcome - Like you, I was a long time lurker (in my case several years) before I joined and began posting.

Welcome Beardog, I can't get my wife interested in RV yet, I haven't given up since I think that could be relaxing way to see our country and bring the dog. Do you have a grand travel plan for retirement or just see extending the types of trips you do now?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Thanks for introducing yourself, beardog. There are quite a few of us with motorhomes here so look forward to more posts from you!

And at least one who wishes he had a motor home (well, a fifth wheel anyway) and is envious and eager to read posts of traveling fun and adventures. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome Beardog, I can't get my wife interested in RV yet, I haven't given up since I think that could be relaxing way to see our country and bring the dog. Do you have a grand travel plan for retirement or just see extending the types of trips you do now?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
We are just going to do some extending trips, at first. The wife has a bucket list of places to go, but we are in no rush. All it may take to get your spouse/significant other interested in an RV is just looking at them online! We have a 15 year old bus conversion, that looks and drives like brand new. It is 45' long, and we could easily live in it fir extended periods of time.

Sounds like you have a good plan!! September and October are probably great times of the year to visit some National Parks.

Back
Top Bottom