Land Ho!

Recycles dryer sheets
I have been reading this forum for a while now and just decided to join. It took me near 10 tries to register as I couldn’t seem to read the 6 letter code right or I managed to mess something else up and had to start again. That is when I realized that this may be the filter to keep out the “what the who-dah are you doing here’s?” Too late, I’m in!:D

I am 55YO, planning on retiring at the end of the year with 31+ years of federal service, 10 in the military and 21 in civil service. I’ve been pretty diligent with my contributions to the TSP and have invested in property in my attempts to get in on the former real estate boom….I think I missed the good stuff! :( The last asset totals I ran put me at a million net ;) but if this is what it is like being a millionaire, it isn’t what I thought it would be!

Right now I have two issues (okay, I might have more “issues” but…..) that I am looking for some advice on. First is my TSP and what I should do with it when I retire (approx. 425K) and the second is my real estate. I will need to sell some of the real estate to pay off my house and I am concerned with the tax consequences. The TSP will be needed (in part) to keep the ends meeting with a comfy pad factor.

Thanks for letting me in and by the way, I registered as “guest” because I had the title so long I felt we belonged together!

The last asset totals I ran put me at a million net ;) but if this is what it is like being a millionaire, it isn’t what I thought it would be!
Now ain't that the truth! I just hope I'm still a millionaire at the end of the day.

Welcome aboard, Guest!

Coach

Guest I had the same issue

I most have tried 5 times before I could get registered. I was starting to question my brain after awhile.

Not sure what you are asking about the TSP but if you are thinking of rolling it into a commercial IRA, don't. The TSP has a good balance of funds (only missing a REIT) and has the lowest costs on the planet. You need to set your allocation and decide how and when you want to pull money for expenses.

Oh, by the way, welcome!

Last edited:
If you think getting registered is tough,wait until you try to add two different quotes from two different people into one of your comments. :p I've done it twice, but I'm still not sure how I did it. :confused:

But welcome aboard. You COLA'd pension guys definitely have a huge leg up in ER.

Thanks everyone.

donheff,

I did start a thread addressing that very issue....at least I hope it is! I look forward to your input!

Hit the quote button of the first post your want to post. Highlight all the text and copy it. Back the browser up, hit the quote button in the second post. Paste the first into the second. Now you have both quotes in one post. Just add the text you want. Or, delete parts of the quote.

Welcome Guest...you're sure right about being a millionaire...it ain't what its cracked up to be, nor is it what it used to be! Welcome anyway, and good luck in your final year of prep to be FIREd. Can't help you with the TSP issue...
R

Hit the quote button of the first post your want to post. Highlight all the text and copy it. Back the browser up, hit the quote button in the second post. Paste the first into the second. Now you have both quotes in one post. Just add the text you want. Or, delete parts of the quote.

There's an easier way. Just hit the second button (the one to the right of the bigger "quote" button) on all the posts you want to respond to, then press the "Post Reply" button at the bottom left of the whole page. Voila!

2Cor521

There's an easier way. Just hit the second button (the one to the right of the bigger "quote" button) on all the posts you want to respond to, then press the "Post Reply" button at the bottom left of the whole page. Voila!

2Cor521
You learn something new everyday. For multiple post quotes I have been manual typing the quote brackets and pasting the text in.

2Cor521

You learn something new everyday. For multiple post quotes I have been manual typing the quote brackets and pasting the text in.

Welcome Guest...you're sure right about being a millionaire...it ain't what its cracked up to be, nor is it what it used to be! Welcome anyway, and good luck in your final year of prep to be FIREd. Can't help you with the TSP issue...
R

It works!!! In any order you wish!

Thanks SC521. Now if I can just remember it...:D

Back
Top Bottom