Newly retired couple in our late 50’s

Patricia Lyn

Dryer sheet aficionado
:greetings10:
Hello, I found this board just searching the web for options regarding health insurance until Medicare kicks in 6 years from now. But I have found a real treasure trove of information on any topic I could wish almost.
We are newly retired, both 59 years old and in good health. We want to enjoy our lives while we are still young and able to get out there and do things, go places, etc.
We are interested in home exchanging, health care insurance options, strategies for Social Security and Medicare, among other topics. I will be the one who mostly checks this site as my DH is busy managing our retirement savings and golfing.

Welcome. As you have found, this forum is a wonderful place for information. Look forward to hearing more about you and DH.

Welcome! Enjoy it here. Sometimes what is best here is the broad spectrum information and opinions.

With that said, sorry about the golf thing.

Welcome Patricia Lyn! Good to have another female on board. ;)

I will be the one who mostly checks this site as my DH is busy managing our retirement savings and golfing.

welcome - there are a few of us in the treasure valley that post here - what golf club do you guys belong to?

Welcome. It's like one big family, with a couple of grouchy Uncles. :LOL:

You are right about this place being a treasure trove of information. Welcome!!

Thanks for the welcome messages

Thanks for the welcome messages! To answer a question, we do not belong to any golfing clubs but my husband likes to golf out at Indian Lakes in South Boise. I occasionally join him but am likely as not to pick up my ball after 7 or 8 hits and just watch the rest of the hole. I enjoy myself in good weather.

Welcome and look forward to your posts! Get in there and test the waters. Opinions and advice are free. :dance:

Welcome to our wonderful forum. There is so much great information to be absorbed on this site.

Welcome. You mentioned you were interested in healthcare options before Medicare - do you listen to podcasts? If so, Roger Whitney (the Retirement Answer Man) had a series of about 4 podcasts discussing the issue. They're older episodes (from around march of last year - episodes 211-214 - but you may find them useful.

Welcome

Thanks for the welcome messages! To answer a question, we do not belong to any golfing clubs but my husband likes to golf out at Indian Lakes in South Boise. I occasionally join him but am likely as not to pick up my ball after 7 or 8 hits and just watch the rest of the hole. I enjoy myself in good weather.

jcretire77 and I belong to crane creek.

we should try and get together for a "forum" golf outing when it warms up

take care!

OP; Welcome. I don't want to be a wet blanket, but you have given a name, apparently a picture of you and a SO and your hometown. With that information anyone could be knocking at your door at any time. You may have noticed by looking around this site that virtually all of the participants use anonymous user names, and most do not list a specific town, which at a minimum allows for privacy and in a worst case scenario can protected you from unwanted contact. I suggest that you reach out to the moderators to change your User name and profile as a precaution.

OP; Welcome. I don't want to be a wet blanket, but you have given a name, apparently a picture of you and a SO and your hometown. With that information anyone could be knocking at your door at any time. You may have noticed by looking around this site that virtually all of the participants use anonymous user names, and most do not list a specific town, which at a minimum allows for privacy and in a worst case scenario can protected you from unwanted contact. I suggest that you reach out to the moderators to change your User name and profile as a precaution.
Everyone has to manage to their own level of comfort. But what types of contact are you concerned about?

Welcome. Now you need to start training for your retirement. Each morning, when you get up, do 10 reps of the following:
... bellow "Get off my lawn!" at the top of your lungs

Within a year, you will be properly trained, in body and attitude, to handle all that retirement will throw at you!

:clap:

Back
Top Bottom