Ready to rest

Revlefty

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi! I'm joinng the class of 2017. I'll be 66 years old--which to many won't seem like an early retirement. I'm a minister and most ministers don't back away from active work until they are in their 70s. But I'm tired and ready to rest...if you can call bicycling, kayaking and golf resting.

When I was first starting out in the ministry, I got some great advice about saving. I hope to have accumulated about $650,000 between my IRA and my 403b. Coupled with my wife's and my Social Security, that should be enough to give us a comfortable income stream. We've lived frugal our whole married life, we are debt free and we expect to have our mortgage paid off by the time I retire (there are tax advantages for a minister to having a mortgage). I hope to acquire my parent's Florida home in a couple of years when they are no longer able to make the snowbird migration.

I'm probably not much different from many of the people who enjoy this forum--my present hobbies include reading and dreaming about retirement!:dance:

Welcome aboard, Rev! Sounds like you'll fit right in here.

omni

Welcome and good for you to be willing to rest and realizing its "OK"!

Welcome! But be careful on the bike! I'm two weeks into recovery from surgery on my broken clavicle! No, it wasn't a car/truck, it was an old man (me) over-reaching; hitting a slick spot at about 12 mph on a trail. Concussion as well, but I'll be back out there, just a little slower.

Back
Top Bottom