Single (Again) Expatriate Restarting the Retirement Plan

Singleee

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hello All,

Used to visit the site a few years ago and returned recently, so decided I would register to say hello, make a few comments and seek some wisdom from time to time. Glad to see a few old names I remember are still around too.

So a little info:

Aged 38, recently divorced (like 2 days ago!), one dependent child. I am an expatriate living in Asia (non-US Citizen).

I am interested in the more cerebral debates and philosophical dicussions that go on around here; rather than the specifics on US-centric personal finance or investments (as most of them don't or won't apply or be available to me). I hope to comment and contribute how and where I can.

I am restarting my whole financial plan post divorce but still aiming at 45th Birthday as Financial Independence Day.

And of course, if anyone is interested, I am happy to share what I know of expatriate life and experience in a variety of places around Europe, the Middle East and Asia.

Cheers, Singlee

PS: In case anyone is wondering, my user name derives from Single and Glee, the two conditions I am currently experiencing! :D

And of course, if anyone is interested, I am happy to share what I know of expatriate life and experience in a variety of places around Europe, the Middle East and Asia.

Cheers, Singlee

PS: In case anyone is wondering, my user name derives from Single and Glee, the two conditions I am currently experiencing! :D

LOL! Congrats on being single and especially greeting it with glee!

Your life sounds interesting; share any part and I will enjoy reading about it.

Ha

Ha:- Happy to share stories; if I thought that was your real picture I'd be on the next plane to share over a bottle of red.......but I doubt it!

I will put more info for general consideration in the "Young Dreamers" section, assuming that at 38 I still qualify as "young".

Singleee

Welcome, I'm in Asia too, US expat. hope you enjoy the board!

R

I will put more info for general consideration in the "Young Dreamers" section, assuming that at 38 I still qualify as "young".

Singleee

Damn right you do!

Congratuations on what sound like positive changes in your life, and welcome back to the forum.

Coach

Also in Asia. Non-US expat. Welcome, especially on the day of Mandela's 90th birthday. Poignant, in a somewhat "de minimis" way.

Thanks Guys and Girls.

Just posted a little more in "Young Dreamers", but can't work out how to attach the link. :duh:

Singleee

PS: Nice to see a few other AsiaExpats around too.

Ha:- Happy to share stories; if I thought that was your real picture I'd be on the next plane to share over a bottle of red.......but I doubt it!

I am sorry, Singlee, but that is Amanda Ole Sulul, Miss Tanzania 2008. I am not allowing her to have any other male visitors. :)

Ha

Thanks all for the welcome, hope to contribute when and where I can.

Maybe the increase in expatriates is due to the years of tax free salary packages and greater saving capacity....??

Been away so long I don't consider myself an expatriate anymore.....

Back
Top Bottom