The best revenge.

Why not send email "post cards" every few months to a couple of your tormentors:
(keep it friendly and not snarky)

"Hi, heard you got two feet of snow...80 degrees here in Florida...";
"Greetings from the Alps...";
"Was playing golf when I heard about the recent layoffs"
"I was fishing in Mexico and heard about your 4 hour traffic jam all the way down here!"
"Was at a wine tasting last week and guess who was there?! Brad Pitt!"

Agree with others about letting it go. I went through a similiar set of emotions when I left. Now that a few years have gone by, I don't care about the office jerks anymore. I do, however, still take joy in never having to be nice to someone like this again.

Office Space - Working Tomorrow - YouTube

Thanks for all the inputs. Many wisdom there

I might not have made my point artfully. It is not that I plan to rub anything into anyone's face as a revenge. The people are not part of my life going forward. It is more like, at the end of the day, what would give you the best psychic payback in a quiet moment: be very successful financially or having the satisfaction of living things up with no bound.

Last edited:
Hamlet said:
"from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."

I need to be more learned in my readings. I always attributed that quote to Khan from Star Trek 2. I didn't realize he stole it from "Moby Dick"

I might not have made my point artfully. It is not that I plan to rub anything into anyone's face as a revenge. The people are not part of my life going forward. It is more like, at the end of the day, what would give you the best psychic payback in a quiet moment: be very successful financially or having the satisfaction of living things up with no bound.
:cool: I must be missing something. It appears you're still playing their game, with yourself no less...seems pointless, even counterproductive. Since you're in this alone, you get to determine when/how you've achieved 'the best revenge' (your words, not mine). Just declare victory, forget about the bozos entirely, I can assure you they've forgotten you or soon will. YMMV

And your former management bears some responsibility in all this by tolerating or even rewarding 'cut throat' behavior. Could be less, but could be more than the 'cut throats' themselves. You might be seeking 'revenge' in the wrong place(s). All the more reason to move on...

Last edited:

Forgive them, forget them, and move on.

"Always forgive your enemies – nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

revenge is for those with small minds and I admit to that character defect.

That's too bad. After working in the corporate world for so long to amass the resources to FIRE, it's a shame to waste FIRE time sweating out so-called "revenge" on folks you would be better off never devoting another moment to.

Perhaps you should consider counseling. Spending precious time fretting over how to achieve revenge on those who should be forgotten as you move on is not a good thing, at least in my IMHO.

The best revenge is to forget them because they are neither important nor what matters in life.

Yes, revenge is a useless emotion and seldom brings any real satisfaction.

Forget those who transgressed against you and enjoy your life.

Your point seemed pretty clear, just that many of the responses offered another option. Relax, smile and enjoy life, and when they do see you, your newfound peace will drive them crazy. :)

Last edited:
So long as OP is preoccupied with the idea of revenge in any form, they (old employer) already won.

Your point seemed pretty clear, just that many of the responses offered another option. Relax, smile and enjoy life, and when they do see you, your newfound peace will drive them crazy. :)

+1

To the OP. As long as you are happy with your life, why would you care what your previous co-workers think? I understand if this has been a recent separation of employment. But after a while, thinking about them or thinking about what you can do to "show them" ...at ANY level....isn't conducive to healthy, happy living of your own life.

I like my co-workers. Is there something wrong with me?

Forget about them, move on to better times--Yeah, that's probably the way to go, but just once, how about the old flaming bag of dog crap on the cutthroat's doorstep-----and do take pictures..:angel:

Certainly not, but do they see you as serious competition for scarce workplace goodies (promotions, awards, perks)? If so, and if everyone still likes everyone, then you have achieved workplace Nirvana.

Amethyst

I like my co-workers. Is there something wrong with me?

I need to be more learned in my readings. I always attributed that quote to Khan from Star Trek 2. I didn't realize he stole it from "Moby Dick"

Yes, cried by Captain Ahab to the whale, in Herman Melville's Moby Dick, Chapter 135, only a page and a half before the epilogue.

"I turn my body from the sun. What ho, Tashtego! let me hear thy hammer. Oh! ye three unsurrendered spires of mine; thou uncracked keel; and only god-bullied hull; thou firm deck, and haughty helm, and Pole-pointed prow, - - death-glorious ship! must ye then perish, and without me? Am I cut off from the last fond pride of meanest ship-wrecked captains? Oh, lonely death on lonely life! Oh, now I feel my topmost greatness lies in my topmost grief. Ho, ho! from all your furthest bounds, pour ye now in, ye bold billows of my whole, foregone life, and top this one piled comber of my death! Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"

I am in such awe of Melville. His writing is to me tremendously spiritual, ethereal and profoundly moving.

Last edited:
"We can learn from our scars,but they don"t have to dictate our lives."
Rossi-- Criminal Minds

I am in such awe of Melville. His writing is to me tremendously spiritual, ethereal and profoundly moving.
Yeah, but he never had to compete with William Shatner or Ricardo Montalban...

:rolleyes: Ah, I can tell that I am on a different plane from the rest of you when it comes to Melville.... :D

Sure, Shatner and Montalban are ok at what they do/did. But Melville.... was Melville. :wiseone:

Nords said:

I bet Mehlville couldn't compete with Ricardo's 60 year old pec's either. Pretty impressive I dare say in that movie.

This is like coming out of the closet; it's scary but ultimately you have to not care what people think to achieve your own happiness.

Back
Top Bottom