Yes!! RE this Friday, Aug 3rd

settam

Dryer sheet wannabe
Finally RE'ing this Friday, Aug 3rd. 42 years at the same company. Reason: Too many other things to do in life while health is great and financials are good. Just turned 60. Wife wants to work 2 more years, says she is not ready to retire (Guess the nursing profession gets in your blood-pun intended).
No mortagage, no car payments, no kids.
Pension about $7,400/yr
401K about $485K
New York Life annuities, Roth, etc about $600K
5 NYL policies turning into a 5 year cash stream to yield $16K/year
Wifes income about $30K/year.
Of course there is some apprehension of leaving my work extended family, but 42 years is enough.
The RE forums have been great with helping me make my decision. Thanks to all. Now my turn to contribute. Will let you know how great it all works out.
Yorkie Dog

You lucky dog. Sounds like a great setup. Keep us posted on how you enjoy the fruits of your labour. :cool::cool:

Congrats. This is one of the best feelings there is for sure. Agree after 42 years it is time. I was downsized out about a year ago, and it has been the best year ever. Just enjoy it and take you time in getting into the RE live. Everyday is a weekend, and if you don't get it done today, there is tomorrow.

Congratulations and thanks for the introduction. Good to know that the forums have been helpful. Don't forget the Life After FIRE forum.

Same Age - Same Retirement Date

Woohoo!

I am also 60 and my official retirement day is Aug 3rd. A 24-yr career PLUS various other positions prior to that for 18 yrs = 42 years of working! Yes, I miss some things about it but not enough to ever go back!

Welcome!

Tex

Back
Top Bottom