Yet another lurker finally posts!

bambambam

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hello. I’ve been lurking here a couple of years (somehow that sounds like I should be incarcerated, or at least ashamed of myself). I’ve learned a lot. I’m still not an investment expert, but I’m no longer afraid of my investments, if that makes any sense. I previously though I could never “know about investing” because I thought that meant “having a crystal ball with which to pick the next hot stock”. I was relieved to learn that a reasonable asset allocation and minimal trades was actually an acceptable strategy! I guess because that approach sounds dull, it seldom gets talked about in the media or bragged about around the water cooler at work.

I’m also pleased to have discovered that there are lots of like minded LBYM people out there. Reading the posts here has given me lots to think about in terms of finances and how they fit in with the other aspects of life.

I was finally motivated to post by a work-life balance situation that’s come up. I think the folks that frequent this forum would be ideally qualified to comment on it. I’ll post the details separately in the Young Dreamers section. Thanks to the forum hosts and members for all the useful information available here.

Welcome bambambam.

Not only is a good AA and buy and hold an acceptable strategy it will outperform the vast majority of other investors.:D

DD

Hi and welcome.

I understand about being afraid of investing, what you are saying that you are afraid of investing in the wrong thing and losing all your money, right.

Anyway, work life balance is a big thing but you will find lots of sympathy.

Back
Top Bottom