I made it to RE!! I'm FREE!!

WooHoo! Congratulations!!!!:dance:

Time to enjoy that beach house.

omni

Did you MOVE the beach house closer to the beach? Is the BEACH house on wheels? How close to A beach does a house have to be to be considered a BEACH house? I have so many questions. LOL:cool:

Congrat's BTW. Great job.

The extra year allowed us to swing a bit bigger on the beach house purchase.

Three houses back ... 700 feet from our door to the sand. :cool:

Thanks!

congratulations and good luck

keep us updated on how the transition goes

This is fabulous. Congratulations. Now you know how I feel--- but without the beach house. LOL. Good on ya!

Congratulations! What is your fav game you play? Runner-up? I have a nice gaming laptop and want to try some things.

Congratulations! What is your fav game you play? Runner-up? I have a nice gaming laptop and want to try some things.

I've really become VR-addicted over the last couple of years.

I play A LOT of Onward in VR.

Just got the Meta 3 which came with Asgard's Wrath 2 and Arizona Sunshine 2 just released, so both of those are going to see a lot of time.

I suspect I will also find my way back to Civ 6 and XCom Enemy Within again.

They just added Xbox Game Pass as a VR option on Meta, so you can play on a 100" virtual screen if you want. I will almost certainly give that a go.

If you have a PC rig and get a Meta headset, you can either use the Meta standalone for VR or (if your gaming PC has enough horsepower) you can actually get PC-VR games and just rely on the headset for the display. The latter expands your library of choices and can radically improve visual quality.

So many options!

Last edited:
Congratulations! Only of the happiest days of my life was retiring.

I've really become VR-addicted over the last couple of years.

I play A LOT of Onward in VR.

Just got the Meta 3 which came with Asgard's Wrath 2 and Arizona Sunshine 2 just released, so both of those are going to see a lot of time.

I suspect I will also find my way back to Civ 6 and XCom Enemy Within again.

They just added Xbox Game Pass as a VR option on Meta, so you can play on a 100" virtual screen if you want. I will almost certainly give that a go.

If you have a PC rig and get a Meta headset, you can either use the Meta standalone for VR or (if your gaming PC has enough horsepower) you can actually get PC-VR games and just rely on the headset for the display. The latter expands your library of choices and can radically improve visual quality.

So many options!

Nice! My son asked santa for the Meta 3 but he didn't come through. I told him if he gets a little better at his spelling practice and reading that I will 100% get it for him for his bday in April.

He plays a LOT of Roblox and Minecraft and a little GTA.

Probably good to have a little distance to that sand.

Yes, our real estate agent told us we would appreciate the other houses acting as a wind break when the hurricanes hit.

I'm guessing that's not what they told those people when they sold them their houses!

Nice! My son asked santa for the Meta 3 but he didn't come through. I told him if he gets a little better at his spelling practice and reading that I will 100% get it for him for his bday in April.

He plays a LOT of Roblox and Minecraft and a little GTA.

The augmented/mixed reality stuff on the Meta 3 is pretty wild. Its not advanced as what Apple's headset will supposedly do but the Meta only costs $500 instead of $3500 and you can actually get it!

VR is a blast for gaming but really that's probably its best and most likely use case.

I think Augmented Reality (AR) will change the world again.

Nevermind your son ... pick one up for yourself! :angel:

Congratulations!

To the extent we have been of assistance, you are most welcome. Please keep us updated on your FIRE journey.

Yet another success story here on the FIRE Forums!:)

Congratulations! Well done and let us know how you are!

Thanks! My wife would tell you I almost flopped over and died near the end.

Thanks for your story, it was very inspiring! Good for you. I believe you were stressed if you are counting the days, that's a sign. This should prolong your life too. Blessings to you and your wife

Back
Top Bottom