$10,190

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
That's my final bill (paid in full) for DW and my 2 week tour of Alaska in July.

Round trip fare from Texas to Anchorage. One week via "motor coach" and one week via cruise ship from Seward to Vancouver with several "excursions" along the way.

As DW says, the hard part is behind us, the rest is free!:cool:

That's my final bill (paid in full) for DW and my 2 week tour of Alaska in July.

Round trip fare from Texas to Anchorage. One week via "motor coach" and one week via cruise ship from Seward to Vancouver with several "excursions" along the way.

As DW says, the hard part is behind us, the rest is free!:cool:

Take some pocket change. ;)

When you get back, let us know if it was worth it.

I'm not sure two weeks of ANYTHING is worth $10,190, to me.

10k seems like a lot for 2 weeks in Alaska, but I can see how it can happen. The in-laws paid for most of our trip and I believe it is easily 5k for 2 weeks. This includes the following costs for 2 people:

Cruise: $1500 (inside cabin) from Seward to Vancouver
Excursions: $400 (some with cruise line, others by ourselves)
Van Rental: $500 (1 week minivan rental since we had 5 people)
Denali bus tickets: $160
7 days cabin/hotel rental at various places: $800 (at least)
Kayaking: $350
Food for the week before the cruise: $300 (best salmon I've ever tasted!)
Airline tickets: $450 (for one, and frequent flier ticket for DW)

I think we kinda did this on the cheap and it's still almost $5k. If we paid for an organized tour for the week before the cruise, it would be even more.

Awesome, awesome experience though, especially the part in Denali.

One week in Waikiki came to $3,113.95.

One week cruise to bermuda for my mother ,my aunt ,my daughter and I to celebrate my mother's 88 birthday just under $9,000. Memories Priceless !!

I love Vancouver!

How long will you be there? If you get a chance, go check out Crepe Bretonne. It's my favorite crepe place!

I paid $1700 in Paris, and my airfare and lodging was FREE. That wine is expensive.

Yowser, that's a lot for 2 weeks. When I tend to think of spending $10,000 on a vacation I'm looking for said vacation to last multiple months.

Yowser, that's a lot for 2 weeks. When I tend to think of spending $10,000 on a vacation I'm looking for said vacation to last multiple months.

I traveled with a drum corps in the early 80's, and we stayed at high schools all over the US. We got to practice in 95 degree heat in places like South Carolina and Alabama. We slept on sleeping bags on gym floors, and traveled around on 20 year old beat up Greyhound busses.

Total cost was $150, and I spent another $100 for fun stuff. We traveled for 2 and a half months...........

Now THAT'S a vacation!! :D:D:eek:

Back
Top Bottom