10 More Working Days till ER!

Retire2013

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello ALL!

Including today I will have a total of 10 more working days before the start of my life of leisure. Last night, I spent a whole Sunday evening not dreading Monday. I felt like I had retired already. I let one of my dogs sleep on my lap all evening long while I read the book TOO BIG TO FAIL. My other dog already asleep on her dog bed. This morning, we woke up to see a thin blanket of snow outside. Life is so perfect. I got dressed to head to work and started my 10-day countdown. :dance:

Just want to share these happy sentiments with you. Thank you for being there as a Community for me since August 2009.

I've now been retired a month. I am giddy each morning because I don't have to go to work- just wait until you wake up at 8:30 and then get to fall back asleep - heheheheheheee. I've already dropped 5 lbs because I'm not stress eating. And anytime I want to - I just head to the gym or go walk the park. heheheheeeee Spent most of this morning planning a trip to Alaska.... hehehhehhhheeee

Happy Days Are Here Again!!! (sing along)... I love it. Congratulations!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Do the happy dance :D

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your last few days of work as they can be a lot fun if you are in the right mind set which you certainly sound like you are.

Thank you to those who replied! Yeah! I can barely keep my feet on the ground these days. There is a lightness to my being. It is awesome.

Yup...I have found that I am laughing more at work. It's really not with them though. It's at them...

I still have the Sunday night/Monday morning blues...9 months and some days left. I feel sorry for those suckers.

Hey Retire 2013, best wishes to you on you up coming "date". I can still remember the feeling. In fact, I'm celebrating my anniversary this year. My official retirement date was 5-1-88 but my last day of work was 3-15-88 because of my vacation time. So this year is my 25th anniversary. No regrets! Ever! Never!

Ahh the last few weeks......!!!!!

Prepare to fully enjoy and savor the first Monday after your last workday......!!!

I'm only out since January 4th this year and I still am pinching myself!!!! Specially days like today-snowing, icy, cold....and I dont have to go outside!!!!

Congratulations!

Congratulations that you are so close to closure! It's great not to have that dreaded Sunday night feeling.

Was it your plan to start retirement (first non-work day) on April Fools Day? :cool:

Cheers!

Hey Retire2013...What are some of the things you want to do after you retire? It's an interesting self motivated group here and some neat passions...

Now wipe that great big smile off your face and get back to work!

j/k - enjoy your last few days of work and best wishes on a very long and happy retirement

That was fun to read. As someone who's got a ways to go (17 mos.), it's good for me to hear about what it's like to approach the finish line. Sounds great.

Hey Retire 2013, best wishes to you on you up coming "date". I can still remember the feeling. In fact, I'm celebrating my anniversary this year. My official retirement date was 5-1-88 but my last day of work was 3-15-88 because of my vacation time. So this year is my 25th anniversary. No regrets! Ever! Never!

Wow!!!! 25 years of blissful ER. I am so impressed and happy for you.
:dance:

Congrats again!

Once you hit the 10 day mark, another way to put that is 240 hours :D

Hello ALL!

Including today I will have a total of 10 more working days before the start of my life of leisure. :dance:

I don't know if I could handle that many more days to go! Looking at 6 days to go here. :LOL: Oh, yah, CONGRATS and doesn't it feel real good to finally be there. :ROFLMAO:

T-bird
Class of 2013 (6 w*rking days to go)
DW Class of 2012

Congrats T-bird. I think you and Retire2013 need a countdown timer of some sort :D

Congrats T-bird. I think you and Retire2013 need a countdown timer of some sort :D

I have one on my computer here at w*rk and it says 8 days, 1 hour and 17 minutes (it counts the weekend :)) When you are this short w*rk really is alot of fun :dance:

T-bird

I don't know if I could handle that many more days to go! Looking at 6 days to go here. :LOL: Oh, yah, CONGRATS and doesn't it feel real good to finally be there. :ROFLMAO:

T-bird
DW Class of 2012

Everyday is just one more "farewell" lunch with one coworker or another, right? It is really nice to have made all the friends over the years. Do you notice that, for the most part, everyone seems to share in our happiness? Congratulations to YOU! :dance:

Everyday is just one more "farewell" lunch with one coworker or another, right? It is really nice to have made all the friends over the years. Do you notice that, for the most part, everyone seems to share in our happiness? Congratulations to YOU! :dance:

You are correct, if things were like this during my last w*rking years I may have fallen into the OMY trap ... not really but it probably would have been a thought :D It will go by quickly and then off to the new world of ER. DW has been trying it out since her ER in May of 2012. She hasn't got one single bad thing to say. This is from someone that was looking at OMY but finally said she had enough. She has filled her time with things she wants to do and she is an ER happy camper. :dance:

T-bird
DW Class of 2012

Back
Top Bottom