A different type of clock

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
http://www.poodwaddle.com/worldclock.swf

Take a look at traffic deaths - 8OK/yr. The USA has about 34K/year 42.5%. Extrapolate that to accidents and the resulting injury. Then think about the health insurance question. Many people compare US health insurance costs with other nations and focus on reducing the cost of care. We could consider reducing death and injury on the highways as a way of reducing heath care.

I note that there are slightly more than 2 births for every death.

Clearly a problem in search of solution. Start by heavily advertising cigarettes, promoting smoking, eliminate safety stuff like airbags, seatbelts, guardrails snow plowing and road salting, free contraceptives of all kinds for all, etc..

Maybe each country should hold a national tube tying and vasectomy day. For every tenth person. The old Roman decimation substitute. A bit Draconian, the alternatives have not been successful in equalizing birth/death rates. I know the Chinese are trying.

Fire away.

Do these figures relate to what happened in the last 23 days (since the beginning of the year)?

If so we killed over three trillion chickens in that time. What a wonderful thing to know... thank you.

http://www.poodwaddle.com/worldclock.swf

Take a look at traffic deaths - 8OK/yr. The USA has about 34K/year 42.5%. Extrapolate that to accidents and the resulting injury. Then think about the health insurance question. Many people compare US health insurance costs with other nations and focus on reducing the cost of care. We could consider reducing death and injury on the highways as a way of reducing heath care.
Our death rate is likely lower per passenger miles traveled than anyplace other than some western european countries.

Obviously you will have a higher death rates if there are way more people and cars on the road, traveling longer distances.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom