A Female President?

Honkie

Recycles dryer sheets
So Germany has finally sorted it's coalition out and Angela Merkel is now Chancellor. This follows many other countries who have or have previously had a woman Leader (President, Prime Minister, Chancellor or whatever their title).

Off the top of my head I can recall the UK, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Israel, Ireland, a Scandavian Country (I think Norway?) and Turkey as having a woman at the top.

Plenty others have had a woman as Second in Command, currently China springs to mind, . Doubtless there are many more.

So how long before the US has ANYTHING other than a white male at the top??

DanTien said:
2008 - Condi Vs Hillary ;)

Here is a photo of their first debate...

Attachments

• Hillary-Condi.jpg
    Hillary-Condi.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 134
  • Hillary-Condi.jpg_thumb
    24.7 KB · Views: 0
Sigh, if only! I garantee you in 2008 we will have another old white man as President. Same in 2012. It's a shame.

Laurence said:
Sigh, if only!  I garantee you in 2008 we will have another old white man as President.  Same in 2012. It's a shame.

Well, I'm still sorry we gave women the vote :)

Seriously, I wouldn't mind a female Pres. (or anything else)
if they were ultraconservative (Hell, I'd vote for a Martian).
Anyway, I won $ by betting on Hillary winning in NY. Nothing much surprises
me any more.

JG

Liberia just elected a female president; The Philippines has elected two in recent years...

Condi is obvious choice among Republicans, and I think she scares the Democrats.  Obviously, she'd hurt them with women and blacks, too democratic bastions.  However, She says she does not want it, but t'is early. 

I have no problem with a female prez.  I used to love Maggie Thatcher; called her the "best man in Europe."  Hillary is the fav among the media, primarily I think, because she will provide the most fun.  The Rs will attack her from day one, linking her and Big Bill and the "right-wing conspiracy." I'd love to see it; make it interesting.  You have noticed her moving more to the middle-ground on the Iraq war?  No doubt, she's running. Now if we can just find a swift boat video with her in it ...  :LOL:

Eagle43 said:
Condi is obvious choice among Republicans, and I think she scares the Democrats.  Obviously, she'd hurt them with women and blacks, too democratic bastions.  However, She says she does not want it, but t'is early. 

I have no problem with a female prez.  I used to love Maggie Thatcher; called her the "best man in Europe."  Hillary is the fav among the media, primarily I think, because she will provide the most fun.  The Rs will attack her from day one, linking her and Big Bill and the "right-wing conspiracy." I'd love to see it; make it interesting.  You have noticed her moving more to the middle-ground on the Iraq war?  No doubt, she's running. Now if we can just find a swift boat video with her in it ...  :LOL:

Maybe she can find that dopey helmet that Dukakis wore in the tank.
One of the worst "photo opps" of all time.

JG

Honkie said:
So how long before the US has ANYTHING other than a white male at the top??
Haven't you been watching Geena Davis? The show has several former Clinton staffers helping to prepare you psychologically for Hillary '08. I don't know which cracks me up more-- seeing her try to act like the President or trying to imagine Donald "M*A*S*H"/"Kelly's Heroes" Sutherland acting like a responsible member of the establishment.

But don't blame me. I voted for Colin Powell.

I'd vote for Condaleeza if I could convince myself that she remembers who her spouse is. That was just a little too strange, right up there with John Dean's "I Have A Scream".

Condi and McCain are the Repub's only chance in '08, but the forces that control the party now would never allow it. I just don't see Hillary getting the nomination, as much as there is buzz about it. Watched the Ellen show with her on it, Ellen tripped her up into saying "yes" to running by adding it in at the last second to a long question, brought some laughs and cheers from the obviously sympathetic crowd. Everyone was nodding and winking. But I think there are candidates in the party who are letting Hillary run out front, collect a lot of money for the DNC, take all the slings and arrows from now until about, oh, Jan. of '07, then they'll spring out to try and nab it. How's this for newsroom feeding frenzy: Hillary/McCain vs. Condi/Powell!

Laurence said:
Condi and McCain are the Repub's only chance in '08, . . .

Don't overlook the Cheny/Satan '08 ticket possibilities. :D :D :D

Cheney is the scariest thing this side of h**l, primarily because he is smart. Way over the head of GW...

Laurence said:
Condi and McCain are the Repub's only chance in '08, but the forces that control the party now would never allow it.  I just don't see Hillary getting the nomination, as much as there is buzz about it.  Watched the Ellen show with her on it, Ellen tripped her up into saying "yes" to running by adding it in at the last second to a long question, brought some laughs and cheers from the obviously sympathetic crowd.  Everyone was nodding and winking.  But I think there are candidates in the party who are letting Hillary run out front, collect a lot of money for the DNC, take all the slings and arrows from now until about, oh, Jan. of '07, then they'll spring out to try and nab it.  How's this for newsroom feeding frenzy: Hillary/McCain vs. Condi/Powell! 

I think Condi/McCain could run strong.  There are the Condi minions,
but McCain will cause many Republicans to mutiny.  They think he's lost his marbles.  

JG

AltaRed said:
Cheney is the scariest thing this side of h**l, primarily because he is smart.  Way over the head of GW...

I agree he is "smart". Personally, I am a big fan, and that is saying
something as most politicians make me want to puke.

JG

AltaRed said:
Cheney is the scariest thing this side of h**l, primarily because he is smart.  Way over the head of GW...

So is my goldfish   :LOL:  :LOL:

Outby7 said:
Liberia just elected a female president; The Philippines has elected two in recent years...

Yup, that's true. Philippines had Cory Aquino and the current boss, Gloria Arroyo. didn't see the girl in Liberia.

As for Dr. Rice, do you think after 43 white men, that you will take the quantum leap to elect a black woman?  (Or is that 42 white men and one strategically shaved white chimp?)

Honkie said:
Or is that 42 white men and one strategically shaved white chimp?
You're gonna have to be a little more specific there, although I guess you're probably not referring to Lincoln...

Ain't gonna be Condi or any other elephant candidate at this rate (and good riddance). The ruling party has succeeded in publicly and repeatedly screwing up, lying, getting caught doing dirty stuff, etc. Having said that, I bet the administration will make a big, politically motivated gamble and start bring large numbers of troops home in roughlt the third quarter of next year. Early enough that they hope it will help the mid-term election, but late enough that the collapse/civil war in Iraq that results won't actually happen until afetr the election.

Ain't gonna be a female president, either. I have no doubt Clinton will run in the primary, but I will happily vote against her because I think she will have no chance of winning. I actually like Dean, but I find it amazing that he appears to have doomed himself politically with a single war whoop.

Nords said:
You're gonna have to be a little more specific there, although I guess you're probably not referring to Lincoln...

I assumed that post was a CHP.

JG

MRGALT2U said:
I assumed that post was a CHP.
You assumed wrong.  Looks like I'm gonna have to crank the subtlety dial back down.

I was reading your other CHP accusation diversion to Martha and I realized that you must be using a type of Mensa logic that the rest of us aren't privy to.  Perhaps that "logic" covers your assumptions as well.  But I wouldn't accuse you of CHPs, assuming that I could tell the difference.

When I'm engaging in CH I'm also engaged in additional synergistic activities that are incompatible with posting on this board.

Nords said:
You assumed wrong.  Looks like I'm gonna have to crank the subtlety dial back down.

I was reading your other CHP accusation diversion to Martha and I realized that you must be using a type of Mensa logic that the rest of us aren't privy to.  Perhaps that "logic" covers your assumptions as well.  But I wouldn't accuse you of CHPs, assuming that I could tell the difference.

When I'm engaging in CH I'm also engaged in additional synergistic activities that are incompatible with posting on this board.

Subtlety, like sarcasm, should be left to those who do it well. :)

Re. CHPs, I post my share. The level of my discourse is so high that
even the CHPs are mostly insightful and entertaining (at least to
me), and after all, that's the most important thing. Don't you agree? :)

JG

JG's CHP diversions and spelling diversions are in the nature of the Chewbacca defense, described in Wikkipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_Defense

The Chewbacca Defense is a satirical term for any legal strategy or propoganda strategy that seeks to overwhelm its audience with nonsensical arguments, as a way of confusing the audience and drowning out legitimate opposing arguments. It is thus a kind of logical fallacy: specifically, a red herring fallacy and non sequitur similar to argumentum ad nauseam

Martha said:
JG's CHP diversions and spelling diversions are in the nature of the  Chewbacca defense, described in Wikkipedia:

The Chewbacca Defense is a satirical term for any legal strategy or propoganda strategy that seeks to overwhelm its audience with nonsensical arguments, as a way of confusing the audience and drowning out legitimate opposing arguments. It is thus a kind of logical fallacy: specifically, a red herring fallacy and non sequitur similar to argumentum ad nauseam

Hey, I might embrace this theory, except it has me using the same
system as our leaders (politicians). As you all know, I rank them below pond scum. Anyway, up until recently we were all still entitled to our opinions. I support this 100%. It (the right to your opinion)
is being lost gradually and will disappear in time. Your "opinion"
will be what the state tells you it is. "Chewbacca Defense".............
cute name for a serious subject.

JG

MRGALT2U said:
Hey, I might embrace this theory, except it has me using the same
system as our leaders (politicians). As you all know, I rank them below pond scum. Anyway, up until recently we were all still entitled to our opinions. I support this 100%. It (the right to your opinion)
is being lost gradually and will disappear in time. Your "opinion"
will be what the state tells you it is. "Chewbacca Defense".............
cute name for a serious subject.

JG

Yes, the politicians are the master of the Chewabacca Defense.

Martha said:
JG's CHP diversions and spelling diversions are in the nature of the  Chewbacca defense, described in Wikkipedia:

Sounds like a nice summary of 99+% of the posts on most yahoo Finance boards.

Back
Top Bottom