A House for a Wabbit

As an Architect--I approve of this house :) Looks great! Looks like you guys had fun and had some great experiences building it too.

Thx. Yes, it was definitely a fun and learning experience to remember :).

At first, I kind of liked the color unpainted. But now, as I see the paint job which she did looks really nice.

Helped my sister yesterday. We made a couple more upgrades. A vent in front and back (not pictured) for air circulation. Plus a home made flower box.

Attachments

• flowers.jpg
    flowers.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 15
Helped my sister yesterday. We made a couple more upgrades. A vent in front and back (not pictured) for air circulation. Plus a home made flower box.

I love this! What a lucky wabbit:)

What a great project. I hope the rabbit that gets to live in it enjoys his special house. Great job!

Thx. It's more a fall/spring time house for the Wabbit when the temps aren't too extreme. Temp readings today, even with the vents installed got up to 95 degrees. Better than some non-vented sheds I've been in, but yet still hot. The project was a lot of fun and a learning experience.

Been busy helping my sister on another project this past weekend.

I guess every Wonky House needs a companion chicken coop and run. :LOL:

Now she has four very spoiled chickens.

Attachments

• chicken run.jpg
    chicken run.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Does this mean free eggs for easysurfer?

I live about 150 miles from my sister. But next time I visit, I'll be sure to bring a cooler, for collection purposes of course :D

Actually, at this time they are too little to do any laying, plus she doesn't know if they are male or female. I guess time will tell :LOL:

That rabbit house is too cute. You did a great job on it. I'd say she is a lucky sister to have such a helpful and handy brother.

That rabbit house is too cute. You did a great job on it. I'd say she is a lucky sister to have such a helpful and handy brother.

Thanks for the compliment. It was fun helping my sister out with the chicken run. Even more so as we are getting older in age. We are a good team. She does most of the measuring. I do the sawing. We both put the run together.

The wabbit lives indoors in the house and not in that Wonky house as the temperature is too hot in there, plus by this time, it's a pretty spoiled rabbit :). She uses the Wonky house as a storage area.

Not pictured is the little garden that my sister has set up. That comes in handy and she grows lettuce to feed the wabbit.

Her husband said to me, first rabbits then chickens, soon he'll be singing "E I E I O". :LOL:

Last edited:
Lucky sister.
Lucky wabbit.
Lucky chickens. :D

That wabbit house, and the giant wabbit, are really cute!

Given all the talk about wabbits, I couldn't help but post...

My favorite book I've ever read is Watership Down by Richard Adams. There was also an animated film adaptation made in 1978 that's available on DVD.

If you like wabbits and good stories, you must read this book and/or watch the film. As with most book/film combos, I'd suggest reading the book first.

I remember watching the film on HBO when I was a kid, then reading the book. The story captivated me, and to this day, I still try to read through the book every couple years.

The first egg (not from the baby chicks but an adopted one. Same chicken run, nonetheless):

Attachments

• egg.jpg
    egg.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 14
Lastest update... :)

Just got back from helping sister with her Wonky house to chicken coop conversion.

The Wonky house that was for her giant rabbit (she keeps the giant rabbit in a spare bedroom) is now converted to a chicken coop with connected chicken run, with solar heater and fan, plus nesting box.

Happy chickens = good chicken eggs :LOL:

Attachments

• wonky conversion.jpg
    wonky conversion.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Went to my sister's place the past couple of days.

Along with a brother, the three of use built a tool shed (except for the shingles as we ran out of time and she plans on putting up on her own).

But...before we left, she sent us out on our way with 3 dozen eggs each, from her "backyard chicken farm" :LOL:. She has 7 chickens and my sister retrieves about 1/2 dozen eggs every day.

This forum never ceases to amaze (or entertain) me. I've crash read the entire thread. Good stuff.

Easysurfer - can you build me a wonky retirement house out in the woods? Money is no object.

This forum never ceases to amaze (or entertain) me. I've crash read the entire thread. Good stuff.

Easysurfer - can you build me a wonky retirement house out in the woods? Money is no object.

A wonky retirement house out in the woods. I like that :)

Oh..here's a picture of my sister's tool shed.

Attachments

• tool shed.jpg
    tool shed.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom