Adobe Flash Security Problem

redduck

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have Windows 7 and use Kaspersky Pure as security. Anyhow, I received a vulnerability notice via Kaspersky indicating there was a security problem using the version of Adobe Flash that I had on my computer. The fix (as I understood it) was to update the Adobe Flash (which I did via CNN). So, now I have the recommended Adobe Version 11.9.900.152. The problem now: Kaspersky is continuing to indicate that the same security problem still exists. I did go into another Kaspersky screen that indicated the problem was "inactive". So, with this information given in this post, can we tell if the problem has been fixed or not?
Please keep in mind that if you respond to this post, I use a typewriter everyday and am not fluent in computer talk.

Thanks, I noticed Adobe put out that version for me to upgrade to a couple of days ago.

Have you tried restarting the computer after updating Flash?

Yes.

I just did another restart after reading your post. I didn't see anything different or unusual.

I've just checked and have the version you mentioned. Are you seeing something different?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 6
Often times when these sort of things happen there is a forum specifically set up by the software company to discuss this sort of thing. Not saying you should not post here, but they may be more up to date on the issues.

A good thing to download (free) is Secunia PSI. It checks your third party software and tries to update to the latest patch. I run this once per week.

I went to the Adobe website and it indicates that I have the .152 version (same as you). Sorry about this next question, but could I have .152 for Chrome and not for Windows?

And, I will see what I can learn at the Adobe forum.

Well, I didn't learn anything at the Adobe forum--except not to go back to it. Kind of complicated for me. But, I did call my computer maven, who happened to be in Seattle (I hate it when he does that). But, he figured out the problem, walked me through it in his head (I love it when he does that) and now it's solved. It had something to do with a plug-in that still had the old Adobe Flash Version that I had not updated. Seems like I only updated one "thing" with the new version, when I actually needed to update two. I think that might be yet another metaphor for my life.

Back
Top Bottom