All Time Favorite TV Series

West Wing
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
House (except the last season)

Mine is "Midsomer Murders" ... that began in 1997, and continues today on Prime. 118 Episodes.

I'm on my second time around, and enjoying it even more, with the original Inspector Barnaby. We're growing old together. :)

What I like, is that the video is light and bright... not dark and gloomy, the way new movies and videos are made to save production costs.
Saving Grace
The Closer

There are many more, but these two touched me and had me sad upon there end.

Lots of great ones listed. I’ll add Boardwalk Empire as I’m not sure it was listed.

Lots of talk about shows hanging on too long. Series that ended too soon IMO:
Deadwood- what happened?
Gilligans Island- they never got off
Northern Exposure
Hello Larry? YMMV

Barney Miller - Good guys doing their best. Dietrich is my man.

NewsRadio - I find it very funny. Only one I have bought DVDs for.

Northern Exposure - Too many interesting characters, interesting stories, great sound track.

DW & my favorites:

Fringe - wearing out the blu rays

Sherlock - eagerly waiting for the next season

Prime Suspect
Inspector Morse
Endeavour
Luther
Rebus
Unforgotten
All in the Family
Odd Couple
Mash

Is it too late to add Black Sails?

I have forgotten about way way too many to mention. This thread was a trip down memory lane and I'm grateful. I'm going to try to find some of these and watch again. They brought back Twin Peaks but I just couldn't get into it.

The BBC's "Blake's 7". But it's probably in a tie with Steve Allen's incomparable "Meeting of the Minds" mini-series on PBS. There has never been anything like it, and I can't believe that it has never, ever been released again in any video format! Aarrrgggggh!

Rat Patrol. Only half-jokingly. I went from having essentially no television (one snowy channel) and moved from a rural area to a city within antenna range of several stations. Used to stay after school to watch it on the classroom TV. Some may remember the 'giant' 20" set mounted up on top of a rolling trolley.

Of course! Somehow I forgot about this classic. Your Gilligans Island expertise is notable.

"Why, I oughta....." :LOL:

Rat Patrol. Only half-jokingly. I went from having essentially no television (one snowy channel) and moved from a rural area to a city within antenna range of several stations. Used to stay after school to watch it on the classroom TV. Some may remember the 'giant' 20" set mounted up on top of a rolling trolley.

I've avoided answering since my list would only be reduceable to my top 50 or so. However, I can say that during my brief and happy childhood these following were the tv series sometimes available over our antenna wayyyy out in the sticks. They made my after school and Saturday morning hours really enjoyable.

Gilligans Island
Rat Patrol
Hogans Heroes
Get Smart
WKRP
MASH
Magnum P.I.

Star Trek
Rocket Robin Hood
Spider Man

I had forgotten so many. Reading others jogged my memory.

original Twilight Zone
Rocky and Bullwinkle

(BBC):
Yes, Minister
Yes, Prime Minister
To the Manor Born [the final show had the tightest writing I have ever seen!]
Good Neighbors
Rosemary & Thyme
Miss Marple
Poirot
Inspector Morse
Prime Suspect

Andy Griffith
My Three Sons (+ Family Affair)
Bonanza
The Fugitive
Ed Sullivan show

All in the Family
Cheers
Frazier
Seinfeld

The King of Queens
.... Game of Tnrones

Last edited:
I can add one more some others here have mentioned: The Odd Couple.

Back in the 1980s, we had a great lineup of late-night syndicated shows on WPIX here in New York. From 11 PM to 1 AM, we had Odd Couple, Honeymooners, and Star Trek (original series). If I could stay up beyond 1 AM, I had Twilight Zone for another hour IIRC.

When I began working in the mid-80s, I had to shut down at midnight at the latest, so it was only Odd Couple and Honeymooners.

WKRP in Cincinnati, especially the turkey drop episode.

Back
Top Bottom