Amazon Kindle ... again

Kindles read PDF files. Just convert the browser page to PDF and you transfer it to the kindle, no problem. My Mac can translate any file to PDF as an option on the print dialog, but lots of computers have that option.

At the current prices, the Kindle is very appealing.
Rich, Thanks. Yes, it is very easy to turn anything in my netbook browser to PDF (I think I use CutePDF Writer).

But does the Kindle read the PDF format well? On an Ipod Touch, the reading experience for a PDF is not nearly as good as a more native format or more text-based format.

Thanks, Kramer

Rich, Thanks. Yes, it is very easy to turn anything in my netbook browser to PDF (I think I use CutePDF Writer).

But does the Kindle read the PDF format well? On an Ipod Touch, the reading experience for a PDF is not nearly as good as a more native format or more text-based format.

Thanks, Kramer
It varies, depending on placement of graphics, tables, font sizes, etc. but IMHO it is readable. For me the PDF stuff is mostly brief so it is definitely manageable if a bit choppy at times.

Wow, that $139 Wi-Fi Kindle looks great, no sales tax, free delivery. Now I am getting interested. Edit: Also no charger plug to carry on trips, charges by USB!
Just curious -- what are you plugging this into to charge it with, if you're not carrying a charger plug? A laptop? A special plug that charges USB devices?

-- Rita

Just curious -- what are you plugging this into to charge it with, if you're not carrying a charger plug? A laptop? A special plug that charges USB devices?

-- Rita
I have a single USB charger that plugs into a wall socket that already charges my Ipod Touch and my Quad Band phone. So I won't need to carry anything else for anything that charges via USB.

In the old days, one had to carry around a charger plug for every item, but USB has helped standardize this. I am hoping my next electric shaver recharges this way, too!

Kramer

Back
Top Bottom