American Civics Test

Amused myself and took it. Got 29 out of 33. Need to brush up on my Lincoln debates, Socrates, and famous phrases. It amazes me that 50% correct was the norm. It didnt seem that hard.

Very interesting. 33 of 33 for me.

29 of 33 had a hard time with the last 4 questions.

OK. 100%

What I found very interesting are the tables after the quiz. Elected officials performed significantly worse than the average citizen. Maybe they really do believe all the c**p that they say?

You answered 19 out of 33 correctly — 57.58 %

That was very interesting. I scored 72.7% which is at least above average. When I read the answers to the ones I missed I felt like this...:facepalm:

28 of 33
Civics must be a mix of different things. There were philosophical and economic questions in there.

In one sense I agree, but I think those questions pertain to our founding principles, I.e what we believe, and why we believe it. And citizenship requires some belief in and adherence to those principles.

31/33

I really sucked. I got 23 right and I thought I did well until I saw the score. Maybe I should have stuck it out and got a high school diploma.

Dang you guys are smart!

Did anyone else think some of the questions were worded like a push poll?

The link has been going around in emails for awhile. We had already taken the test. I got 30 of 33. DW has taught HS American Government in the recent past. She got 31 of 33 and said the two questions she missed were wrong. She found good (at least it looked good to me) documentation to support her arguements. Whenever I get anything like this in an email I question the accuracy of the editorializing and the motives of whomever started the email. The test seemed pretty easy to me (40+ years since I sat in a Civics class). I have a hard time believing that college professors did so poorly on the test. What I can believe is that a whole bunch of people have flunked out of college and do not like college professors.

Back
Top Bottom