Luggage tracking tags fpr Android

SecondAttempt

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I posted in another thread about my lost luggage issues. So going forward I want to use something to track my bags. I am not an Apple guy so I'm looking for something for the Android ecosystem.

Does anyone use anything to track checked bags? Tile seems to be the leader but from what I can tell they are Bluetooth only and only work over a short distance, a few hundred feet. Are there GPS trackers anyone would recommend? I realize they use more power but surely the batteries last at least a few days. Ideally looking for something that does not require an ongoing subscription.

Although Tiles are Bluetooth/short range, doesn't Tile rely on the network effect?

I.E. any Tile user who's phone is near your bag will update you about its location. That was my understanding how it would work.

-gauss

Although Tiles are Bluetooth/short range, doesn't Tile rely on the network effect?

I.E. any Tile user who's phone is near your bag will update you about its location. That was my understanding how it would work.

-gauss

This is my understanding - and it's the same way apple tags work.

FWIW, I found that Samsung's tracker worked better than Tile on a recent trip in Europe where a service was moving our suitcases from hotel to hotel each day. Neither is guaranteed to work, definitely not, but the Samsung tracker was clearly better over a four week period of doing this.

We use Tile and it has been helpful. But it will be more so when it is integrated into Android's upcoming version of the airTag universe. See discussion here: https://blog.google/products/android/google-android-safety-features/

I also had success with Tracki this past trip--but it requires a paid subscription. (Got it for our dive gear bag, as we were relying on Indonesian Airlines and weren't sure how the tile network would be outside of major cities).

Any updates on this thread? I am looking for a GPS tracker for my luggage, and I have an Android phone.

I use Tile for our luggages and travel golf bags since we only have Android phones and tablets. We bought a pack of 4.

Back
Top Bottom