American gasoline money funds this stuff!

Are you not taking a cross country trip this summer?

You know just sayin..

One prince's mile-high trophy tower is another man's handy bomb-nav turnpoint.

Sorry we are just fools.
what the prince does with the money is not a reflection on us; actually, by comparison i'd guess his investment makes us look better.

Are you not taking a cross country trip this summer?

You know just sayin..

In a 4 cyl camry 5 speed 36 mpg. Less fuel than a plane? Right? I still say we should put a tax on gasoline of upwards of 3 dollars a gallon which would get all of us out of wasteful 15 mpg pickup trucks and suvs.

and washington could take that $3/gal and build an even taller tower !

I seen truckers were complaining about the price of diesel. Just pass on the price to the consumers. :D

and washington could take that $3/gal and build an even taller tower !

Nah how bout healthcare for everyone? Or a new railroad system, or new infrastructure.

The guys that want to build those tall towers are probably lacking in the loins.

why would you assume the funds would be wisely spent? we are speaking of gov't, yes?

why would you assume the funds would be wisely spent? we are speaking of gov't, yes?

Funds spent wisely? Lets see Iraq? How much spent there? The Gov't decided to GO there. Both awful parties are to blame here. In addition the american people are also to blame here , we have not held anyone accountable. Sure we threw out the repubs 2 years ago look what we put in!! Pelosi was there before, she is a waste as much as any repub was before they were thrown out.

Again, getting the public out of their wasteful rust buckets makes all the sense in the world, UNLESS you understand that a military presence in that part of the world is a necessity for americans to continue their merry driving habits in their silly wasteful machines.

Uh it is all about making sure the oil will continue to flow out of the saudi ground .

An additional $3 tax on fuel will hurt the poor who are having it tough making ends meet. I don't think that is your goal? At $4 per gallon of diesel, my wife and I will spend about $8,500 on fuel for our 40' motorhome this year. With an additional $3, we would be at $15,000. We bought a MH to drive. BTW we also drive a SUV.

At what point will you drive considerably less. As long as fuel is available ie...long gas lines, the price is irrelevant to many, many people.

Dave

An additional $3 tax on fuel will hurt the poor who are having it tough making ends meet. I don't think that is your goal? At $4 per gallon of diesel, my wife and I will spend about $8,500 on fuel for our 40' motorhome this year. With an additional $3, we would be at $15,000. We bought a MH to drive. BTW we also drive a SUV.

At what point will you drive considerably less. As long as fuel is available ie...long gas lines, the price is irrelevant to many, many people.

Dave

Shortages will be next on the docket. The places we get our oil from are starting to crash the Mexican field will not be producing in less than 5 years!! The other parts of the world are using more and more of their own crude.

No if we all drove less or used less by getting into smaller vehicles that get 40+ mpg it would make a difference. The poor, yea how bout trains?? Buses?? a railroad system like in europe!!

You know we are at war now, how about during WWII, you know those ration coupons:confused: For Fuel:confused: How about today? Think about it for a moment, the oil is a finite source right? War sacrifice??

Ex CEO its all BULL$HIT its all bad for ya as George Carlin says.

newguy888,

I don't share your thoughts. OIL is everywhere, lets drill for it!

Dave

That would be a great idea, how bout off the east coast, Florida through a reindeer's HEAD!!! But special interest groups will stop drilling in all of those places. Nope not until you are waiting in a gasoline line for fuel will things change, which will be sooner than later. What good will the beaches of the east coast be if there is no gasoline for people to put in their cars to get there?

That would be a great idea, how bout off the east coast, Florida through a reindeer's HEAD!!! But special interest groups will stop drilling in all of those places. Nope not until you are waiting in a gasoline line for fuel will things change, which will be sooner than later. What good will the beaches of the east coast be if there is no gasoline for people to put in their cars to get there?

I am glad we agree, let the drilling begin.

Dave

The answers to some of the U.S's fuel problems are
-HEMP as an alternate fuel
-downsizings to smaller vehicles that get 30 to 40 mpg
-building a mass transit system in metro areas
-voting out of office all those dirty varmints in Washington D.C
-new president appointing Ralph Nader or Willie Nelson as the new Enegry Sec.

GOD BLESS US ALL:angel:

The answers to some of the U.S's fuel problems are
-HEMP as an alternate fuel
-new president appointing Ralph Nader or Willie Nelson as the new Enegry Sec.

Wags wags wags uh these?? God help us all!! Nadar?? Egomaniac, if the guy was worth anything he would have run for some office other than the president!! Has done little to help anyone. Willie nelson, and hemp? Maybe willie and a doobie!!

Wags wags wags uh these?? God help us all!! Nadar?? Egomaniac, if the guy was worth anything he would have run for some office other than the president!! Has done little to help anyone. Willie nelson, and hemp? Maybe willie and a doobie!!

I was just throwing Willie and Ralph out there. They can't do any worse then the previous Sec.'s of Energy and the current adminstration's energy policy.

At least Willie would have an energy policy (current adminstration - NONE)in which we would grow HEMP as a crop and use it for energy, clothing, paper and for medical use.:D

Hempcar.org-Pollution: Petrol vs Hemp

Last edited:
I was just throwing Willie and Ralph out there. They can't do any worse then the previous Sec.'s of Energy and the current adminstration's energy policy.

At least Willie would have an energy policy (current adminstration - NONE)in which we would grow HEMP as a crop and use it for energy, clothing, paper and for medical use.:D

Hempcar.org-Pollution: Petrol vs Hemp

I know wags just giving you the business. I find it hard to believe though that any source of fuel other than oil right now will mean a protracted hardship for everyone. Biofuels will NEVER be able to move the fleet of vehicles we have right now! Our way of life will be getting smaller, smaller towns, living where you work, the suburban sprawl of the 20th century will be history and many people will be awfully angry when the you know what hits the fan.

Dave

If you are concerned about the poor, would you support a $3 per gallon tax if it were directly tied to an FIT credit? $3 per gallon of crude converts to a $3,000 per person credit on your FIT return. Most poor people would make a profit on that.

I've got nothing against you driving a motorhome or me driving a car, but I do think we should pay all the national security, economic security, and environmental costs of the oil we use. American foreign policy for 50 years has been impacted by our desire to assure a reliable flow of cheap oil so gas is plentiful and cheap in the US. That foreign policy has cost both dollars and lives. We've also put the US economy at risk to spikes in prices or dips in supply.

I'm not sure if $3 is the right price to offset that, but I'm sure that $0 is too low.

If you are concerned about the poor, would you support a $3 per gallon tax if it were directly tied to an FIT credit? $3 per gallon of crude converts to a $3,000 per person credit on your FIT return. Most poor people would make a profit on that.

I've got nothing against you driving a motorhome or me driving a car, but I do think we should pay all the national security, economic security, and environmental costs of the oil we use. American foreign policy for 50 years has been impacted by our desire to assure a reliable flow of cheap oil so gas is plentiful and cheap in the US. That foreign policy has cost both dollars and lives. We've also put the US economy at risk to spikes in prices or dips in supply.

I'm not sure if $3 is the right price to offset that, but I'm sure that $0 is too low.

I'll make it easier........show me ONE time the US govt got involved in the private sector and made a meaningful effect? I love Congress parading all the oil CEOs on the Hill yesterday? Do you think that was productive, or just grandstanding?? And bottom line, it's NOT going to change the price of gas........;)

I'll make it easier........show me ONE time the US govt got involved in the private sector and made a meaningful effect? I love Congress parading all the oil CEOs on the Hill yesterday? Do you think that was productive, or just grandstanding?? And bottom line, it's NOT going to change the price of gas........;)

I'm not sure what you mean by "involved in the private sector". I'd say that we have cleaner air and water today than we would have if the gov't weren't involved.

OTOH, there are proposals to tax oil (or carbon) and have the gov't use the proceeds to fund alternate fuels and conservation. I think that would be extremely inefficient. The gov't doesn't do a good job of picking winners (think ethanol).

But a tax that reflects a negative externality, and that's rebated by decreasing some other tax, that makes a lot of sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom