American Independence Day - July 4th

Thanks, freebird, on this July 1--Canada Day (the significance of which is a little vague to many Canadians, according to the newspapers).

Equal time....

Canada Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've been to the Canadian Parliament building in Ottawa. Beautiful architecture!
I was on a bus tour and everyone else was going shopping at some huge mall. Yawn. So I hoofed it about a mile to the Paliament.
I was only allowed to walk around the first floor since it was post-9/11 and security was still pretty tight. I was given a "courtesy" pass by the guard. :D
I wish I could have seen the entire building. Maybe next time...

I was in Montreal, during Canada Day one year. It seemed to me it was celebrated with all the enthusiasm of Flag day here in the states. Is that because it isn't a big holiday, Quebecios don't want to be part of Canada, or unless its hockey Canadians are pretty low key on celebrations?

I was in Montreal, during Canada Day one year. It seemed to me it was celebrated with all the enthusiasm of Flag day here in the states. Is that because it isn't a big holiday, Quebecios don't want to be part of Canada, or unless its hockey Canadians are pretty low key on celebrations?

I love Flag Day! No guilt, no baggage, no BBQs, no day off from w*rk, no family get togethers, perfect.:)

I love Flag Day! No guilt, no baggage, no BBQs, no day off from w*rk, no family get togethers, perfect.:)

It would be nice if we could take a break from the apologies to the rest of the world for the whole day on July 4th. Just one day of feeling proud and holding our heads high. Then we can go back to the guilt trip......... :(

It would be nice if we could take a break from the apologies to the rest of the world for the whole day on July 4th. Just one day of feeling proud and holding our heads high. Then we can go back to the guilt trip......... :(
I don't mean to start a battle, but I've never been prouder to be an American.

Coach

Back
Top Bottom