America's Got Talent: Michael Grimm, singer

AGT is a fun, vote for your favorite show. It allows you to debate in your head who gets your vote, which is half the fun of it I think. Most nighttime tv is dullsville to me.

To me the only other show that is as fun is the beginning of American Idol when horrible singers fantasize they are really great, come in and make total fools of themselves...or, even better, get angry because the judges tell them they suck and they have a tantrum. Now THAT's entertainment...ha!

They keep saying "Headline a Las Vegas Show" but I believe what actually happens is the top 10 put on a show in a number of cities, including one date in Las Vegas. In some cases this might lead to an actual show contract (like Terry Fator). It looks like last year's winner, Kevin Skinner, is appearing mostly at various fairs and festivals.

Well, I think there were quite a few good acts that will go on to bigger and better things. My favorite was Jackie Evancho. What a beautiful and sweet little girl. I don't think she could have won with the Vegas deal as part of the prize. She might have gotten a raw deal on losing out to $1M (assuming she might have won) but I think the show and others will make that right with her. I'll bet she gets a million one way or the other. Maybe from Piers. She just needs go back home and start being a little girl again. Do some appearances, keep taking lessons and some day she should make it big. Doesn't look like the kind of family that will let her get the big head. Congrats to Michael Grimm.

It will be interesting to see if Michael Grimm can pull off a brand new or little-known song (he sure seems talented enough to do so and now can have "his people" go after some good tunes). Poppycock and the acrobats were more original in the competition and have the showbiz appeal that Vegas wants. Jackie is the one whose YouTube videos got forwarded to us.

It was really fun to watch the winner announced--Michael was soooo surprised! He probably still doesn't believe he won over that little angelic jackie.

Actually, I think it is about the worst thing that could have to Grimm. He was telling a buddy of mine about the contract and it is not very good. He has to pay up a portion of his earnings from now until he decides to quit making money with his voice.

Actually, I think it is about the worst thing that could have to Grimm. He was telling a buddy of mine about the contract and it is not very good. He has to pay up a portion of his earnings from now until he decides to quit making money with his voice.
I understand ALL participants have to sign a particularly onerous agreement to even be allowed to audition for the show. I can only imagine what enslavement terms are in Simon "Legree" Cowell's contract for finalists and winners...

I understand ALL participants have to sign a particularly onerous agreement to even be allowed to audition for the show. I can only imagine what enslavement terms are in Simon "Legree" Cowell's contract for finalists and winners...

From what I was told, if the contestant loses they are only stuck with the contract for 1-2 years.

Also, if you watch the credits at the end of the show there is a note explaining that the $1M is paid as an annuity over 40 years. So, would that be a little over $2K/month?

Yeah, I think it's the same deal with Idol. Simon's gone but the Idol machine is still in place. I love watching the talent, but wonder how they are exploited. :nonono:

I remember how upset I was when Adam Lambert came in second. Many people said at the time he was better off. I'm begining to think they were right.

Did anyone notice that they "prettied up" almost every singer with new clothes and hairdos, but Grimm seemed to have the same old hat and clothes. Guess they decided "poor" was his style. He did get a new necklace, tho...:whistle:

Did anyone notice that they "prettied up" almost every singer with new clothes and hairdos, but Grimm seemed to have the same old hat and clothes. Guess they decided "poor" was his style. He did get a new necklace, tho...:whistle:

Yeah, I noticed that too. I loved how he was with Jewel. The way he looked at her was very cute :smitten:

It will be interesting to see if Michael Grimm can pull off a brand new or little-known song (he sure seems talented enough to do so and now can have "his people" go after some good tunes). Poppycock and the acrobats were more original in the competition and have the showbiz appeal that Vegas wants. Jackie is the one whose YouTube videos got forwarded to us.

It was really fun to watch the winner announced--Michael was soooo surprised! He probably still doesn't believe he won over that little angelic jackie.

He has produced a few original albums himself. You can find his music on ITunes and I guess Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom