Another economic hit...

I say BS to lower volumes.
img_849116_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif

To avoid "paying" for beer, we work at beer festivals! Nothing like getting PAID to drink beer, sometimes judge beer, sell t-shirts, flirt with men (DBF gets to flirt with the ladies), drink beer...win win situation!! (and sometimes the brewers send us home with extra free bottled beer!!)

To avoid "paying" for beer, we work at beer festivals! Nothing like getting PAID to drink beer, sometimes judge beer, sell t-shirts, flirt with men (DBF gets to flirt with the ladies), drink beer...win win situation!! (and sometimes the brewers send us home with extra free bottled beer!!)

You just gave me a great idea.
Maybe I could drive a beer truck for awhile after I retire.
Probably get fired for misplacing the merchandise after a short career but it would be fun while it lasted. I'll be shopping for a Kegerator. That's the Ticket.
Steve

You just wait until the price of toilet paper skyrockets. You won't be so smug then I'll bet...

Nah, that won't matter much either. W2R is movin' to Missouri....ain't got no need for none a that thar fancy-schmancy toi-lette paper! That's what God made corncobs fer, by cracky! :ROFLMAO:

They say that the cost of health care is running out of control! Even the over-the-counter stuff is fast becoming unaffordable, eh Dawg?
img_849213_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif

:ROFLMAO:

Nah, that won't matter much either. W2R is movin' to Missouri....ain't got no need for none a that thar fancy-schmancy toi-lette paper! That's what God made corncobs fer, by cracky! :ROFLMAO:

Hey, this city girl needs her toilet paper! And lots of it! :2funny: :ROFLMAO:

Good timing. I just bought two 30 packs of Natural Light for $12.99 each at Riteaid.

It may not be coincidental that Heineken just reported 20% profit gain in the face of lower volumes. The formula for success: faced with lower volumes, one raises prices because the remaining drinkers are the hardcore users who will bear any prices to get their med. Results: even higher profits.

Note that taking out the 50 million euros cost savings and Heineken still realized an increase of 32 million euros despite lower volumes.

Darn! Is it too late to get some of them booze stocks?

Aug. 26 (Bloomberg) -- Heineken NV, the world’s third- largest brewer, reported a 20 percent gain in first-half profit that beat analysts’ estimates on cost savings and higher prices.

Net income climbed to 489 million euros ($699 million) from 407 million euros a year earlier, the Amsterdam-based company said today. The average estimate compiled by Bloomberg was 425 million euros. Heineken rose as much as 9.3 percent in Amsterdam trading, the steepest intraday advance in 10 months.

The maker of Amstel and the U.S.’s Heineken Premium Light reduced expenses by 50 million euros in the first half under its so-called Total Cost Management program, which has shed jobs in the U.S. and Europe and culled warehouses and trucks globally. Heineken also increased prices in markets from the U.S. to eastern Europe to offset shrinking consumption.

As of a year or two ago, there was a wine glut in Europe, namely France, Spain and Italy, and also in Australia and South America. Even actor Gerard Depardieu's vineyard had problems selling the wine he produced.

The EU had to buy the lesser wine to distill into ethanol for fuel, and paid a few cents per quart. I don't think there's any fundamental change to the supply side. So, wine drinkers should be safe.

I drink more wine than beer, and even distilled wine (cognac), so ... Cheers!

Here's what you can do with your empties....beer box spa....

Attachments

• 2957_1479_beer-box-spa[1].jpg
    2957_1479_beer-box-spa[1].jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom