Another Pet passes to the big puppy house in the sky....

maddythebeagle

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We had to put Maddy to sleep today....she had been sick for several months with bleeding tumors and just got to the point that she didnt want to eat anymore and her belly was filling up with blood and just couldnt function. She finally told us that it was to go. She was going on 14 and had a good life. She will be missed:angel:

Attachments

• maddy.jpg
    maddy.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 14
Sad that it was time to go; good that you accepted it. Their lives are too short.

Very sorry for your loss. :'(

Several years ago we had to put our pooch down at 14 because of an extended illness also.

I am so sorry. I've loved looking at the maddy avatars over the past few years.

i am so sorry for your loss. I am still not quite over the passing of our Tootie (mini schnauzer) in Feb. She was sixteen, and like your Maddy she just told us it was time. She was in to much pain and life just wasn't good for her anymore. We miss her terribly, but she left us with many fond memories.

Nothing like a Beagle. They each have their own personalities, quirks and "faces" that only their owners really come to understand.

Really, really sorry for your loss. 14 good years.

How very sad. Farewell, Maddy.

[SIZE=+0]"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." -M.Facklam [/SIZE]

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. These are tough decisions and tough times even when you know it is the right thing. Good luck to you.

"There is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
But when we are certain of sorrow in store
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and sisters I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
-- Rudyard Kipling

(We do it because to live a safe life is to miss the greatest joys, something Kipling surely showed us in his works)

I am so sorry......what an adorable face she had. I hate when this happens.

Very sorry to hear. Hopefully she's playing with my beloved and missed Samantha in the "big puppy house in the sky" (first time to hear that phrase - and it made me smile)

I'm so sorry. So many of us have been through this. I'm glad she had a long, loving life with you and your family.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I still miss my Timber every day but it does get easier.

I am sorry for your loss. She will always remain in your heart, I'm sure.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I share your feelings, as I still think of Puzzley (see my avatar) most days, although he's been gone for 3 years....

Maddy was a lucky dog to have had 14 years with you. I understand how much it hurts to let a beloved pet go. It's a difficult decision for anyone to make but clearly one you made out of your love for her.

Thanks all....we buried her last night next to a huge rock out behind the barn....I suspect that a lot of people dont even get such a huge marker...:) I have to admit that there is some relief of the sadness not seeing her suffer anymore...

Lest we forget:

<Rainbow Bridge>

I have the ashes of my previous three dogs, with instructions for them to "go with me" after I pass.

Who says that animals have no "souls". I often think they are the only ones that have them.

Take care...

- Ron

Sorry for your loss. As the owner of two older beagles, I know what you have gone through. Even though it is hard to see them suffer, I know you gave her the best possible life.

Back
Top Bottom