Any cigars smokers in the ER?

dtbach

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just got to smoking some cigars of late. Nice way to kill an hour while reading and watching the dog romp in the yard.

I'm liking Macanudo Especiales right now.

Tell me about your favorite smokes

When I lived in the States I liked anything Cuban (Cohiba,Montecristo etc.) and paid dearly for the privilege. Now, there are Cuban cigar shops on every corner and I find myself smoking Marlboro!

I gave up on cigars many years ago. What are the health risks?

Any cigars smokers in the ER?

Absolutely Not!!! Smoking is not allowed due to the use of oxygen.

Well... you chose to use "in the ER" in the title :greetings10:

I quit cigarettes a few months back. In the past, when I quit cigarettes and tried the occasional cigar, I'd be back on the ciggies in no time. I'm just a tobacco junkie!

Ah yes, it does sound refreshing. Let's set some tobacco on fire and suck it into our lungs.

Just got to smoking some cigars of late. Nice way to kill an hour while reading and watching the dog romp in the yard.

I'm liking Macanudo Especiales right now.

Tell me about your favorite smokes

I have over 200 stogies in my Humidor. I am a "seasoned" cigar smoker so tend to enjoy medium to full bodied cigars. Some of my favs are:

Perdomo Patriarch

Rocky Patel Vintage

Rocky Patel Edge

Alec Bradley Tempus

Olivia Serie V

Cohiba Red Dot

Check out "Cigarobsession.com" for some great reviews.

73ss454 said:
Ah yes, it does sound refreshing. Let's set some tobacco on fire and suck it into our lungs.

If we must, uh, inhale, there's another plant I'd prefer...

I have over 200 stogies in my Humidor. I am a "seasoned" cigar smoker so tend to enjoy medium to full bodied cigars. Some of my favs are:

Perdomo Patriarch

Rocky Patel Vintage

Rocky Patel Edge

Alec Bradley Tempus

Olivia Serie V

Cohiba Red Dot

Check out "Cigarobsession.com" for some great reviews.

I'll give some of those a try. Thanks for the site. Have you checked out BOTL (Brothers of the Leaf)? That is a great site.

I've smoked a few cigars decades ago and I was wondering whether you can buy Cuban cigars in the USA, legally that is. Would someone that doesn't smoke cigars think a Cuban cigar was really great?

It is still illegal to buy a Cuban cigar in the U.S.. Someone who has never smoked a cigar or someone new to cigars probably would not like a Cuban as they tend to be strong.

It is still illegal to buy a Cuban cigar in the U.S.. Someone who has never smoked a cigar or someone new to cigars probably would not like a Cuban as they tend to be strong.

In addition from what I understand, Cuban tobacco seeds were smuggled out of the country decades ago and the tobacco that is now growing in Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Ecuador and other places is just as good. I bought a Cuban cigar in Canada a couple of months ago and it was OK but nothing special.

I'll give some of those a try. Thanks for the site. Have you checked out BOTL (Brothers of the Leaf)? That is a great site.

If you're at the Macanudo level you may not like my selections but you never know. Just be sure to eat a good meal before partaking.:)

If you're at the Macanudo level you may not like my selections but you never know. Just be sure to eat a good meal before partaking.:)

I'm starting to move into the medium to medium/full cigars now. Have some Oliva G series, Brick House Camaroon, PDR 1878 Robusto and La Gloria series R cigars on order.

I will let them sit in the humidor for a month or so before trying. I can really see the difference just a few weeks in the humidor makes.

In addition from what I understand, Cuban tobacco seeds were smuggled out of the country decades ago and the tobacco that is now growing in Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Ecuador and other places is just as good. I bought a Cuban cigar in Canada a couple of months ago and it was OK but nothing special.
I believe it's the unique Cuban soil and climate that sets them apart. Many Cuban's are counterfeit so beware.:cool:

I'm starting to move into the medium to medium/full cigars now. Have some Oliva G series, Brick House Camaroon, PDR 1878 Robusto and La Gloria series R cigars on order.

I will let them sit in the humidor for a month or so before trying. I can really see the difference just a few weeks in the humidor makes.
Cool! I like all of them. Enjoy.:)

I love a cigar on a long drive, helps pass the time. Or in the hot tub while star-gazing.

I generally order a couple of sampler packs and a couple of boxes of cigars every 18 months or so.

Haven't really found one I didn't like.

I believe it's the unique Cuban soil and climate that sets them apart. Many Cuban's are counterfeit so beware.:cool:

I would agree that it may be the soil and climate that produce whatever it is that makes a Cuban cigar a Cuban cigar.

San Marzano tomatoes are highly prized for their flavor but unless they are grown in the volcanic soil in what I'll assume is San Marzano Italy they are not the same. I grew them one year, no big deal. Same with Vidalia onions, I believe they are a Granex variety but unless grown in the low sulfur soil of Vadalia county Georgia they won't taste the same. Seems it would be the same for Cuban cigars.

At this point I doubt if I could tell the difference

I would agree that it may be the soil and climate that produce whatever it is that makes a Cuban cigar a Cuban cigar.

San Marzano tomatoes are highly prized for their flavor but unless they are grown in the volcanic soil in what I'll assume is San Marzano Italy they are not the same. I grew them one year, no big deal. Same with Vidalia onions, I believe they are a Granex variety but unless grown in the low sulfur soil of Vadalia county Georgia they won't taste the same. Seems it would be the same for Cuban cigars.

They actually originated in Arequipa,Peru (Misti Volcano) and the original seeds were a gift to the Mayor of the San Marzano region.

Back
Top Bottom