Anybody know what happened to:

I have been posting since the Pleistocene starting with bulletin boards and later usenet. I have left some forums because of testosterone overload.
Sometimes I sign off, sometimes I just go away.
If I leave here, I'll probably announce it.

Khan has had the answer all along:
"Knowin' no one nowhere's gonna miss us when we're gone..."

I recently had a vivid premonition of impending death. No idea where it came from, but it shook me soundly. This is fascinating (as Spock would say) considering my personal outlook (which I will not share as it will offend many). Is this the subconscious reflecting on mortality as I get older, or what? (I don't do "or what", by the way, so I figgur it is something scurrying around in the midbrain.)

I like hanging around here, myself. I enjoy the eccentrics and there are a few that I am sad have been chased away. If a few months go by without a random blurt from The Gypsy, assume that the ticker stopped ticking.

Either that or the moderators finally scrooched me. ;-)

NOTE: WHOA! Not trying to alarm anyone! I am like Harry Truman--Old Nick is going to have to take me by force. I just had this intense flash recently. It did get me to thinking about taking care of loose ends and such. Sort of 'Memento Mori'. The subconscious sneaks up on you, doesn't it?

Last edited:
I completely abandoned one forum because the tone of the conversation became unattractive (lots of rants, bullying, paranoia and a complete lack of consideration for others). And I am moving away from another forum because the discussion is becoming stale.

I have my ups and down with this forum. I do take short breaks on occasion, but so far I have always come back. For one thing, the posts on this board are often well written, informative, cordial, entertaining and/or relevant. It sets this community apart from other message boards IMO. I often wonder how this board manages to avoid turning to garbage, like so many other boards have, given the fact that it's open to anyone with a computer and an internet connection. Then there is the human dimension. It's a small community with lots of friendly people. OK, there are a few people I cannot stand, but I probably like 95% of the regular contributors, many with whom I do not agree on a lot of issues but whose opinion I respect. I think that the moderators do a great job keeping the conversation civil, which is very important to me.

If I ever leave, I'll definitely announce it.

Well, Goonie came back after an announced departure, and I for one am glad about that. Always enjoy the adventures of Goonie.

Now if we could just get FD, CFB, Dex, LG4NB, FR, and a few others back...

R

I live alone. I am seeking social interaction most of the time. Almost all my life I lived with others. So I may spend most of my time out in the world, or reading on topics which are verboten here, but it is nice for me to come home, and while I fix dinner or whatever see what people have to say.

Ha

We are all anonymous here. If I offend you, you (probably) can't track me down and kill me. If I please you, you can't insist that I continue to do so.

People come, people go. FI and ER are still goals. Seek and ye shall find.

Haven't been here much lately because DH and I have been focused on fixing up the rental place. Therefore, much of my internet time is spent on things like how to install floor tile. Plus, I just haven't had too much to say related to retirement and investing lately.

If I did decide to leave, I doubt I would make a formal announcement. Mainly because I might change my mind, want to come back, but feel foolish doing so after writing a farewell message.

BTW, It's been almost a year since CFB left. Sure do miss him. Miss Lazy too. :(

It's possible that they've been invited to leave, too. Every once in a while I'll have a "Whatever happened to?" moment and be unable to find their name in the member list.

I'll announce my departure... or spouse will post my obit. It's part of my "If I wake up dead" letter.

...I recently had a vivid premonition of impending death. No idea where it came from, but it shook me soundly. ...

... I just had this intense flash recently. It did get me to thinking about taking care of loose ends and such. Sort of 'Memento Mori'. The subconscious sneaks up on you, doesn't it?

Wow. This hit home as several nights ago I too had the MOST vivid dream in which I apparently met my demise. Very detailed, but I woke up just before the deadly deed. Very disturbing, even now.

I´ve just posted that I feel old. Please stop posting about suddenly disappearing members and their reasons for this being maybe .....:(.
If something terrble happens to me-my wife doesn´t know any English:(.

Let me tell you that this forum occupies a very useful and healthy part of my daily existence:D.
Thank you all so much.

I regret not having the IT savvy to do all you can do by means of this forum.

If you don´t hear from me for a few days don´t start mourning:). Chances are that my PC has broken down, yet again:mad:. Like this week.

As a four-year-old I dreamed of being eaten by a bear. Have lived through all my dreams ever since. If that bear shows up again, I'll just wake up and edit the rest of the dream.

I´ve just posted that I feel old. Please stop posting about suddenly disappearing members and their reasons for this being maybe .....:(.
If something terrble happens to me-my wife doesn´t know any English:(.

Let me tell you that this forum occupies a very useful and healthy part of my daily existence:D.
Thank you all so much.

I regret not having the IT savvy to do all you can do by means of this forum.

If you don´t hear from me for a few days don´t start mourning:). Chances are that my PC has broken down, yet again:mad:. Like this week.

Will be waiting for your posts after the dentist visit next week - Looking forward to that being an uneventful experience for you!

Calmloki:
I daren´t even dream of the experience -having 10 teeth pulled out and 4 screws in their place- being "uneventful":D
My dentist has very nice bedside manners...but being a dentist...:angel:

Calmloki:
I daren´t even dream of the experience -having 10 teeth pulled out and 4 screws in their place- being "uneventful":D
My dentist has very nice bedside manners...but being a dentist...:angel:

I have found that things are usually not as bad as I anticipate. I had an implant placed about 4 years ago. Scarcely any discomfort and I am happy I did it. It seems that the head and neck are well supplied with blood vessels and things heal quickly. And if the teeth have been giving you trouble, you will feel loads better immediately. I took the procedure as an opportunity to indulge for a few days in my favorite coffee ice cream. Best wishes!

I consider CFB the most famous high-posting departer. Surely, someone has met him in real life, and can tell us what's up?

Soon after he left, I sent him a PM, because I wanted to send him a present to acknowledge some of he money he's saved me (on laptops, laptop batteries, etc.). But I got no response.

Ahhhh...I don't plan on going anywhere... I still have some good tread on these boots....;)

As a four-year-old I dreamed of being eaten by a bear. Have lived through all my dreams ever since. If that bear shows up again, I'll just wake up and edit the rest of the dream.

Do you mean that all your dreams have been prophetic?

I'd be a litle worried about all of my dreams, but I sure would like some of them to come true.

Ha

Unfortunately with the board's demographic of retirees, people can also go and never come back--from the great beyond.

Wow, that's a bit morbid, but you can always write a script that will make it seem that you are posting from the great beyond. Your script can post on the Wednesday weigh in thread, and just automatically subtract 1 lb. a week. Of course, people will figure out something is wrong long before you weight gets to -50 lbs.

Do you mean that all your dreams have been prophetic?

I'd be a litle worried about all of my dreams, but I sure would like some of them to come true.

Ha

I've had only two or three dreams I'd take to be prophetic and was eaten by a bear only once, chalked that up to nightmare. Lots of dreams come true!!

I consider CFB the most famous high-posting departer. Surely, someone has met him in real life, and can tell us what's up?

Soon after he left, I sent him a PM, because I wanted to send him a present to acknowledge some of he money he's saved me (on laptops, laptop batteries, etc.). But I got no response.

He didn't show up at the Intel Alumni event which was moderatly close to his house.

I often wonder what Bob_Smith is up to, being a fellow Iowan and all.

...I don't make it to the forum as much as I used too. New job(s)... and a two year old...

Back
Top Bottom