Anybody using CrossOver software on Mac to run Quicken?

spncity

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Would this solve the problem of the Mac version of Quicken being reported as not very good ? Just use the Windows version by way of CrossOver (no need for parallels or a virtual setup) ... ??

I don't quite know enough about this to know what I'm doing, but the longer I'm on a Mac, the harder it is to support spouse's PC. The knowledge is ebbing away as is the desire to do it.

Any comments welcome.

I'm trying the trial version of CrossOver - so far have revived an old PIM that a few thousand people still - called NetManage ECCO.

Kindest regards.

Not familiar with that, but I've been using VM Fusion for what, 7 years, to run Quicken. I did the research and had no desire to try to convert to Quicken for Mac, and I've tried other financials. Mainly that I have about 20 years of data on Q I don't want to lose.

I have thought about buying a cheapy PC for nothing but Quicken. Mainly because I keep Fusion/Windows running most of time and it it does hog resources; noticeable when doing Aperture.

I tried Crossover and it did work, but I seem to remember it wasn't being updated much at this point. I think the product is dead as far as future upgrades, so if it works, great. But Parallels and Fusion continue to upgrade their products as Apple upgrades its operating systems, so I think it's a safer bet if Quicken is important to you.

It runs fine with Parallels. It's definitely buggy, but useable. I don't think the bugs have anything to do with a Mac or Parallels. I think they are just the typical Quicken bugs that have always been around.

I run Parallels to run ESPlanner which is Windows only. Even though I have parallels and XP, I choose to run Quicken 2007 for Mac on the mac side. I haven't had any problems with Q4M in over 9 years. There was an issue a few years ago when they dropped Rosetta on OSX Lion, but since Quicken came out with a modified Q2007, it hasn't been a problem.

One caution about Parallels; when the Mac went to Mavericks it required an $50 upgrade to Parallels 8 as version 7 was not compatible with Mavericks. I didn't need to update Parallels so I'm still on Mt Lion and will not take any of the "free" OSX upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom