Anyone else like rhubarb pie?

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Wondering if anyone else here likes homemade rhubarb pie. It has a unique taste, but is really good.

Love rhubarb in pie, sauces, chutney, crisps, shortcake....

Cold rhubarb sauce and rhubarb/strawberry pie.....awesome.

DW has been making Rhubarb/apple crisp. Really good with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, yum.

We have some rhubarb growing in the garden for strawberry-rhubarb pies this summer!

I love it too, and not mixed with strawberries, straight rhubarb.

Love it. Wish it would grow for me, as my yard is too shaded. And I hate paying for it. This year, I was lucky because I got some from a neighbour.

Yup, with and without strawberries. It puts hair on your chest. :LOL:

I'm going to have to make some up and try it. I saw it at Walmart this past week.

I know my Mom used to make rhubarb-strawberry pie. I recall my older cousin raving about it, but I don't remember it. I like things on the tart side, I bet I would like it (light on the strawberries and sugar). Sauce could be good on vanilla ice cream?

Can anyone link to a favorite recipe?

-ERD50

I love it and miss it. My wife hates the stuff so there is not much of a chance I'll be getting any pie soon. When I was a kid and everybody had a garden, we had a "patch". That's what everybody called it, your patch. I really like the "stew" which mom made all the time. It just seemed sweeter than the pie which was a little tart. Brings back memories.

My mom make an terrific rhubarb pie with a custard filling. It's an unbelievable great blend of tart and sweat.

I'm going to have to make some up and try it. I saw it at Walmart this past week.

I know my Mom used to make rhubarb-strawberry pie. I recall my older cousin raving about it, but I don't remember it. I like things on the tart side, I bet I would like it (light on the strawberries and sugar). Sauce could be good on vanilla ice cream?

Can anyone link to a favorite recipe?

-ERD50

I don't have my recipe book with me now, but this one looks like it is closest to it.

Rhubarb Pie - Rhubarb Pie Recipe

One thing I should point out is that rhubarb leaves are poisonous, so make sure you have them cut off.

Wondering if anyone else here likes homemade rhubarb pie. It has a unique taste, but is really good.

LOVED IT! My mom use to make it.
Unfortunately it is one of those things I had to gave up in 2004 when I found out I was insulin resistance.

I don't have my recipe book with me now, but this one looks like it is closest to it.

Rhubarb Pie - Rhubarb Pie Recipe

One thing I should point out is that rhubarb leaves are poisonous, so make sure you have them cut off.

That's a new one on me. Never heard that. Another one I found out about is Oleander. Everything on that plant is poisonous, leaves and flowers.

When I was a kid, my buddy and I used to eat rhubarb fresh, right out of the garden. The neighbor's garden, actually. Well, until they yelled at us and called our parents. That was back in the day when you could yell at someone else's kid, and the parent sided with the other adult. You know, the good old days.

But yeah, the pie, with all that added sugar? Not sour enough, but I'll still take a slice!

I can't believe people here are just discovering rhubarb. Strawberry & rhubarb crisp is my simple goto dessert. I was just in New York City and had some delicious black sesame & rhubarb ice cream. I've been making gelato for years. It's been a while since I've made a rhubarb gelato but my NYC experience has inspired me again.

Back
Top Bottom