Anyone remember her?

I have posted her songs on some of the recent threads. One of the greatest singers ever, what a talent.

When that video came out I was more into Sesame Street, but I've always like that song.

I remember singing with Dusty out loud with all the windows rolled down - on the way to school in my '57 Chevy 2-door sedan. Yea! White paint job and red interior. My hair was even similar, except the color was natural.

Sure I remember her! She was very popular at one time. What a great video - - thanks, I had never seen her sing that song before (although of course, I had heard it a million times on the radio). I love that particular song, too. Now it seems a little melodramatic, but nothing was too melodramatic for a teenaged girl, which I was at the time.

You do realize that this song will be stuck in my head all day, too? :LOL:

Last edited:
You do realize that this song will be stuck in my head all day, too? :LOL:

:LOL: W2R....

I suppose I should have posted on the song thread but didn't have time before I headed out the door to exercise class.

Yep...still stuck in my head too.! Love it Love it! I had never seen this video of her...singing this particular song either.

When I'm looking for songs on youtube, if one of the suggestions is a Dusty song, it usually leads me to indulge in a Dusty Springfield-fest that plays all of her songs that were ever on the (AM) radio. A class act.

Pet Clark was another one, don't sleep in the subway, darling...

Yep, have a few 33 1/3 LP vinyls filled with her voice.

Unless one was living in a cave she would have been impossible to miss for a 17-year-old.

And my AM radio had a reverb unit hooked up to the rear speaker. I Couldn't quite make the stretch for an 8-track so that had to do.

I recall feeling very sad when I heard she had passed a little short of her 60th birthday. One way I measure the passing of this abstraction we call "time" is what music I remember from an era.

I recall Dusty from when she was a member of the Springfields (Her stage name come partially from this association). This song is my favorite:

Springfields - Silver Threads And Golden Needles (1962) - YouTube

Loved her big comeback with the Pet Shop Boys in 1987.
. She is really groovin' in the last 55 seconds.

image-3389152809.jpg

Attachments

• image-3801249688.jpg
    image-3801249688.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom