Are Bose Radios Worth It?

Everyone I know that purchased anything from Bose eventually had trouble with their equipment or speakers.

Everyone I know that purchased anything from Bose eventually had trouble with their equipment or speakers.
I bought a pair of Bose 901s over 30 years ago. They were slightly used, in fact. I guess eventually I may have trouble with them. So far, not.

For my home theater I bought the Acoustimass system, almost 20 years ago. Still no problem, but again, eventually I or one of my heirs will probably have a problem.

So the paper in the cones never dried out and cracked? Have you looked in the last 10 years? Maybe they were fixed before you bought them.

We have a Bose wave and a Sangean clock radio. They both sound good but the Bose sounds better.

I guess anecdotal examples can say and mean anything. We have one Bose radio and a set of Bose speakers and they've been fine. OTOH, the Crane radio I purchased has been a piece of s*it. It arrived without the AC cord in the box and I had to purchase one because they wouldn't believe they could have left it out. The LCD digital display crapped out after about two years and Googling got me info that it's a common problem. Minimum repair charge is $50 + parts and customer pays shipping both ways. So, I just use it without a display by finding a few stations and putting them in memory. Blaaah.......

FM and WX performance seem good. AM sucks. Poor selectivity and images of strong local stations overload the front end and appear up and down the band.

I wouldn't buy another Crane radio unless I could have it for a lengthly test run.

Strictly anecdotal. Maybe I just got a lemon.

So the paper in the cones never dried out and cracked? Have you looked in the last 10 years? Maybe they were fixed before you bought them.
Not that I've noticed.

Back
Top Bottom