Are You Ready to Rumble?

I must be getting old as I actually was more excited seeing pictures of the new royal baby than reading about the match. :)

I used to watch Friday Night Fights. They usually had at least one heavyweight fight. Tommy Morrison was on a lot. And George Foreman during his comeback. I never got into the lighter weights for some reason. I have no interest in the Mayweather / Pacqino fight. Hoping the heavyweight class has a comeback.

I used to watch Friday Night Fights. They usually had at least one heavyweight fight. Tommy Morrison was on a lot. And George Foreman during his comeback. I never got into the lighter weights for some reason. I have no interest in the Mayweather / Pacqino fight. Hoping the heavyweight class has a comeback.

Tommy was a well loved man in this area. It's really too bad that proper medicine wasn't available for him (or millions of others) at that time.

I remember the Friday Night Fights. When Tommy Morrison was starting out (the pre-Tommy Gunn days). When he was winning and the question, is it possible that he could take on Tyson (back when Tyson was still undefeated).

There's already talk of a Mayweather/ Pacquiao. More milking of the PPV audience :LOL:

Didn't see the fight or hear any synopsis, but I'm not too excited over Mayweather running around the ring trying to avoid getting hit as he usually does. This not what most fans come to see, they want brawls.

For me, I would much rather see Manny fight Canelo Alvarez.

I watched it(didn't pay for it). Kind of a boring fight but obvious that Mayweather won. Not close enough to give a rematch IMO. Mayweather proved he's the best fighter of this century and maybe the best non-heavyweight ever.

Did you see Morrison vs, Ray Mercer? Mercer must have solid bone for a head. Morrison clocked him several times but Mercer just looked stunned, but stayed up. Then Morrison got hammered on the ropes by Mercer. Ouch. I remember Morrison's tactic : take the right jab from the opponent, and instantly counter with that devastating left hook. Lights out.

I didn't see Morrison vs Mercer. After the Tyson ear biting stuff, I pretty much turned away from watching any boxing.

If the Morrison/Mercer fight is on youtube, I may have some catching up to do. Thanks.

I must be getting old as I actually was more excited seeing pictures of the new royal baby than reading about the match. :)

I 4have no interest in the fight and can't figure out why my facebook feed is filling up with stuff about a baby from a line of inbred yoiks we fought multiple wars not to have to answer to any more.

Looks like the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight was more like "The [-]PPV Suckers [/-] Dud of the Century". Not as bad as Geraldo Rivera and Al Capone's vault, but at least that was free to watch :LOL:

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: the uber-bout that wasn’t. The so-called fight of the century was pay-per-snooze, a complete waste of everyone’s time and money — except in a boxing community now rolling in obscene amounts of cash, surely in disbelief they fooled us rubes again.

You can only fool people so long. By the third round, it was clear Mayweather was going to be successful in playing defense for nine more rounds. By the seventh, it was obvious Pacquiao wasn’t going to be able to get him down. The announcement that Mayweather was the victor was an inevitability. Pacquiao was the loser, but he had company. All of us were too. Most had watched the classic end to the Spurs-Clippers Game 7 before flipping over to the fight. It had action, unpredictability and “did you see that?!” moments. Basically it was the exact opposite of Mayweather-Pacquiao. Oh, and it didn’t cost $99.95.

Mayweather-Pacquiao was a complete waste of time and money | For The Win

Whatever happened to the heavyweight division? When I was paying attention to boxing (mostly in the 70s, and a bit after that), heavyweight got all the ink, and you hardly ever heard anything about the lighter weights. Maybe it was the big-name fighters, or lack thereof in lighter weights, but I also know that factions emerged, and that what was once the undisputed championship ceased to be that, etc.

I watched it(didn't pay for it). Kind of a boring fight but obvious that Mayweather won. Not close enough to give a rematch IMO. Mayweather proved he's the best fighter of this century and maybe the best non-heavyweight ever.

Just look at 2 welterweights from the last century (e.g. both Sugar Ray's), both puncher/boxers who were also smart. Hard for me to think of Mayweather being in their league.

Boxing is dead. Talented fighters are all fighting MMA now. I watched the fight at a friends house and was bored to tears. Who cares about two 150 lb guys dancing around worrying more about not getting hit than they are about hitting the other guy? If it was a real fight they would make them fight until one of them goes down.

He may be the best "boxer" but hes not even close to the best fighter. Any sport that is decided by a judge's interpretation of who did what is a joke and is not a real man's sport. I bet they get hit harder when they are sparring than they did in this joke of a fight. If I wanted to see who the judge thinks is best I would watch figure skating. Boxing is dead.

I didn't see Morrison vs Mercer. After the Tyson ear biting stuff, I pretty much turned away from watching any boxing.

If the Morrison/Mercer fight is on youtube, I may have some catching up to do. Thanks.

If you love boxing you need to You Tube the Ron Lyle- George Foreman '76 fight.... Brutally awesome heavyweight slugfest. Lyle drops Foreman twice in the fourth and Foreman decked him to the canvas in between his two visits to the floor. Foreman saved by the bell heading to 5th and about gets knocked out in the start only to KO Lyle in the same round. They beat the hell out of each other. Almost like a Rocky movie except it was real.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom