when you are too far to help elderly manage the meds

Thanks patient has move to hospital and as I posted in another thread the communication coming out of them is abysmal. I have complained to a patient advocate and asked for a case manager.

First is to get the relative to dr to get meds straightened out. No one needs to be on that many pills. I am in anesthesia we see it a lot that patients are on too many pills for same thing. After that if no relative or neighbor can help, how about council on aging type organization to offer ideas. Good luck it is a big unsafe problem

+1 about getting one Dr to straighten this out. This doesn't just apply to the number of pills and their potential overlap for the same problem but also the concentration of the medications that have been prescribed.
I went through this with my parents and wife's parents. It was a tangled mess but eventually was corrected. Another part of the problem was either forgetting to take the medication or that they had already medicated for the day then dosing again. It really screwed up their ability to function some days that often led to additional medications because of misdiagnosis of the underlying problem.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom