Art that captivates

Pagent of the Masters

Every year Laguna Beach CA puts on this show, with local people in the sets. They developed a system of flat lighting that really makes each scene look like a painting or statue.
It is ninety minutes of “living pictures” – incredibly faithful art re-creations of classical and contemporary works with real people posing to look exactly like their counterparts in the original pieces.

For me, the "favorite" consists of two parts. First, the painting, but intensified by learning the sad romantic story behind the painting, and then doubled up by the wonderful rendition of the story by Loreena McKennitt.

Attachments

• lady_of_shalott.jpg
    lady_of_shalott.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I interrupt this interesting art lesson for a book recommendation. I recently read "Priceless" by Robert Wittman. It's a true story of some of the stolen artwork that Wittman recovered during his career as an FBI agent.

Anything by Winslow Homer-as a watercolorist, I particularly like his watercolors.

Attachments

• 471px-Pablo_Picasso,_1921,_Nous_autres_musiciens_(Three_Musicians),_oil_on_canvas,_204.5_x_188.3.jpg
    471px-Pablo_Picasso,_1921,_Nous_autres_musiciens_(Three_Musicians),_oil_on_canvas,_204.5_x_188.3.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom