Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

BTW - lest I drift too far from the thread - nice pictures.

heh heh heh - looks warmer than Kansas right now!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2008, 12:23 AM   #22
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
greed , lust, fear, passion
My kinda party!

Thanks, unck

And I don't care how big your truck is."
Ed_The_Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:25 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
And are you SURE you're all in? Maybe you'll find a little extra $$ somewhere. You never know! Bet you don't have your tax refund yet.
Eh, I've fallen into that trap before, I'm not putting any more spare change into the market, and this time I really mean it... no matter how good Central Pacific Bank's (CPF) dividend looks...

No chance of a tax refund this year and we'll be paying a good bit up front next month for estimated taxes too. In fact I set money aside from all the rebalancing to pay the rest of 2008's taxes as well. I don't want to have to sell more equities next year for that sort of tax planning.

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:21 AM   #24
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
Eh, I've fallen into that trap before, I'm not putting any more spare change into the market, and this time I really mean it... no matter how good Central Pacific Bank's (CPF) dividend looks...
Tee-hee! Resistance is futile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
No chance of a tax refund this year and we'll be paying a good bit up front next month for estimated taxes too. In fact I set money aside from all the rebalancing to pay the rest of 2008's taxes as well. I don't want to have to sell more equities next year for that sort of tax planning.
Yuck. Sorry 'bout that. Oh well. I'll bet you could find quite a bit hidden under the sofa cushions or under the driver's seat in your car (not to mention that handy mayonnaise jar full of change by the door), or you could always sell your whateverthatwas that you didn't really want, on Craigslist...

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:29 AM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Very nice Brewer - that looks like a great time. Great pics-
Old 03-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Thanks for sharing the lovely pics...especially of you and your daughter. But, my mind keeps going to a foo foo drink with an umbrella in it. The only time I ever have a foo foo drink is on the beach.

Bet you thought about us everyday, right?
Old 03-05-2008, 10:38 AM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Bet you thought about us everyday, right?
In between big glasses of Don Q.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
In between big glasses of Don Q.
I was right!
Old 03-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #29
Recycles dryer sheets

Great pics. I especially like the last one....very pretty.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Nice Brewer. I just returned from a couple of relaxing weeks in Key West with DW and the dogs. I didn't take many pictures but I will look through to see if any are worth posting.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:14 PM   #31
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Thanks for posting the pics. Your daughter is really cute. Boy, do I remember the "full meltdown" days. Somehow, they do not seem so bad now though. I miss having a little one around. I can't wait for my grandbaby!
Old 03-07-2008, 12:39 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Brewer, what's that huge greenish-gray thing in the second photo? I suspect it's a rock, but it could be a steaming pile of rotted sub-prime mortgages that washed up on the beach. Just curious...
What's the yellow thing in the distance in the last picture. It looks familiar but it's been so long I just can't remember.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:17 PM   #33

brewer...i'm going to forget i ever saw the pic of you and your daughter

ive always pictured you as a ganja-smoking, reggae-loving rasta with dreads...just like the avatar you used to have...so that's what im sticking with!

sorry!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:04 AM   #34
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
brewer...i'm going to forget i ever saw the pic of you and your daughter

ive always pictured you as a ganja-smoking, reggae-loving rasta with dreads...just like the avatar you used to have...so that's what im sticking with!

sorry!
His posts seem so intelligent that I figured he was a skinny, pasty complexioned guy with brown hair needing a haircut, and big nerdy black glasses and a pocket protector. One of those brilliant computer geek/nerd types who thinks in binary and has never had a date in his life, but has great insights on theoretical math (or the market, here).

But then he told me he isn't a math whiz, and now this photo. Was I ever wrong - - he looks like a normal, successful, potential ER, and with a beautiful daughter, yet!

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #35
Give me a forum ...

Heheh, its funny how you get a picture on your head of someone you've never seen. When I was working for a big consulting company almost a decade ago and working on a daily basis with someone across the country, it was a huge shock to find that they looked nothing like what I expected. She had a hispanic last name, but was nordic-looking, no doubt married to a latino.

Oddly enough, Nords looks quite a lot like his avatar in person.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote