Assisted living directory

nphx

Recycles dryer sheets
My parents asked me to look into assisted living options in Arizona where I live.

I've physically visited Sun City and searched on line but i cant find anything like an impartial "top ten" list or even a good comparison matrix.

Lists I do find seem to include supporting member facilities since other lists of same area have no overlap.

Any advice?

Nphx, I don't know if this would be helpful:

Arizona Assisted Living | Find Assisted Living Facilities and In Home Assisted Living Care

My concern would be that they may not be totally impartial---that they may tend to push and more favorably review those facilities that pay the most for the referral, wine and dine them, etc.

Also these:

Assisted Living Directory of Arizona

There are also geriatric care managers who may be able to provide info.

Good luck! I know it's a major decision for all concerned, but assisted living is definitely much better than nursing homes (although quite expensive).

Try www.AssistedLivingGrades.com

We have just launched our free site today to help people just like you. We have graded every home and facility in Arizona based on their DHS annual survey.

My parents asked me to look into assisted living options in Arizona where I live.

I've physically visited Sun City and searched on line but i cant find anything like an impartial "top ten" list or even a good comparison matrix.

Lists I do find seem to include supporting member facilities since other lists of same area have no overlap.

Any advice?

A free resource to find assisted living options

Hi there,

Not sure if you've found this site in your research, but Senior Care, Assisted Living, Nursing Homes | A Place for Mom is a free service that provides you with one on one assistance through an eldercare advisor that handles the area you are searching. You can also search their site for a list of options, but talking to a live person might really help you narrow the options for your parents.

They also have articles about the cost of assisted living and all sort of other topics.

Good luck in your search!

Thanks - it was helpful. To use the scores as a comparison it would be helpful to know size/residents and years in operation - also a category for single "home" verses a campus facility.

Mom had a good experience at Fellowship Square in Tucson, in a senior apt. Don't know if they had assisted living facilities but her friends did get that kind of help in their apts. from people who came in. Mom stayed in her same apt. while in hospice care and was transferred to a dedicated hospice in her last week.

Back
Top Bottom