Australia-NZ Cruise questions

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW is considering a 2 wk cruise to Australia-NZ in Feb. The cruise pricing appears to be a separate item....meaning all the tours you do would be priced separately. She was told that booking those when you arrive would be cheaper than booking them through the cruise company. I don't have a list of those tours or pricing. Anyone have any idea what a "typical" day for 2 people (land tours) should cost there.....I know it probably varies a lot depending on what you do but is there some "ballpark" figure I should prepare myself mentally for? And is it reasonable not to arrange things in advance and still be ok......we're 2 different birds....I like to know everything in advance and ...........

How is the sea there for cruising......re: seasickness?

As far as I can tell, no need for visas in either place? Any other info/tips
appreciated.

I think that it varies from line to line. I would check out Cruise Critics and look at the shore excursions.

On NCL, they guarantee to hold the ship if you take a ship excursion. And our ship did leave some people behind when their non ship excursion's vehicle broke down.

RE: Sea sickness. I don't know those waters at all, but anyplace can get rougher than normal. Within 30 minutes of being below deck, I started getting sea sick in relatively calm waters, so it's very individual. However, taking sea sickness pills allowed me to survive some truly monstrous seas with no problem. We hit a 2-day period where they had to pump out the pools 'cause they were sloshing across the decks. The 750ft ship's bow was actually lurching out of the swells for a while. I still wasn't sea sick when on "the pill" so to speak. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom