Bacon Flowchart

I've made them 3 times so far and no matter how many I make, we somehow eat them.

Batch #1 was just cream cheese, seasonings and chopped green onion. Batch number 2 added some jimmy dean bulk sausage. Batch number 3 had diced chicken/pineapple sausage.

I've evolved from the 'pretty' approach of taking the tops off and scooping out the seeds and then stuffing and wrapping to the 'efficient' approach of halving them, seeding and stuffing, and then laying half a strip of bacon over the top to seal it.

The whole jimmy dean sausage chub, covered in a dry rub, and hucked in the smoker is also a keeper. Made a whole brisket, 2 racks of ribs, a dozen pineapple sausages, the poppers and a spicy fattie yesterday. We'll be eating it for a week...

Now the important question is whether the meat comes out shaped like the can, or whether the can was created in the image of the meat.

Mmmmmm.........got me thinking about chocolate and bacon. Tomorrow morning in honor of the subject matter and Mom(made this for me when I was a kid), I'm going to whip up a batch of chocolate chip pancakes with some bacon on the side. Of course served with maple syrup. I won't get to sleep tonight just thinking my tasty breakfast.:D

I ate at Pappas Seafood in Houston this week- had the grilled smoked bacon-wrapped pepper-jack cheese stuffed jumbo gulf shrimp over jambalaya rice.. which had andouille sausage and tasso (both close cousins of bacon) in it.

If I had died during the meal, it would have taken a team of undertakers a week to get the smile off my face.

Last edited:
Bacon bikini!

img_683712_0_2690d74a7fd6db432a049499d605ca08.jpg

My Two Favorite Things

No, this isn't about the last two posts... (Best Girlfriend, Evah!)

It's about dogs and bacon.

Mike D.

Bacon boobs are pretty tough to beat...

But I have some bacon mints...a nice bacon chart for the visually stimulated numbers folks, and bacon chocolate chip cookies with maple cinnamon glaze...

Wow, after over 6 months and 167 posts, this bacon thread is still alive! Is America great or what! :D

Bacon Bloody Mary

I'm surprised no one here thought to mix bacon and alcohol.
Brussels sprouts and Tofu? What are you people thinking?

The bacon vodka is a few pages back. Someone else posted it about an hour before I came over to do it.

I cant explain the brussels sprouts and tofu, whether related to bacon or not.

Speaking of which, bacon is up. It was about $9 to buy two pounds of dry cure applewood smoked thick cut at costco just a few weeks back and now its $12.xx...

I might have to cut back to an inferior grade.

The thick cut doesnt work well on the Atomic Buffalo Turds anyhow, unless you precook it...and that food product is preparation intensive enough as it is.

Sorry, I missed the post about bacon vodka- I was laughing so hard from reading the post about cooking bacon strips with a bic lighter that I must have skipped over it ...

You could use bacon vodka in the bacon bloody mary if you wanted to double your fun.

How about the drink in a cup made from cooked bacon?

Shoot, bacon oughta have enough fat in it to be plenty water/booze proof.

Another experiment that needs exploration..

There is also a drink called a "canadian bacon"...

Canadian Whiskey, Maple Syrup, Lemon Juice, rim of Bacon Salt and a Bacon Swizzle Stick.

Yes, I said 'bacon salt'.

Bacon Salt

Of course, canadian bacon isnt really bacon at all, just smoked pork loin. I presume that real bacon is used in the drink and not the fake variety ;)

I also found this, the bacon martini. I'm not sure if they're serious.

"Lightly mist martini glass with vermouth, and rim the edge with bacon grease. In a cocktail shaker, mix 3oz vodka, one dash Tabasco, and one dash olive juice. Shake well and strain into cocktail glass. Skim excess bacon grease from surface of cocktail. Garnish with one slice of bacon."

I also found the following bacon scarf, a pig made from ground pork and bacon, and although I didnt take a photo...a cheeseburger in a can that you simmer in a pot of boiling water before opening and consuming. Eh...maybe that consuming thing doesnt actually happen.

Back
Top Bottom