What did you do today? - 2023/2024 version

Finally cut out and removed a tree root that was an obstruction to lawn mowing. It cost me a reciprocating saw blade because of the rock that turned out to be behind it, but I finally go the thing out. The tree is a volunteer and I hope the wind blows it down anyway. It'll be easier to cut up if that happens. I should have cut it down when I could have used a pocketknife. There's one more root to take out on it and then I'll be done with it. But I have to go slow on these things because of my sore back.

Tooth extraction and bone graft on bottom molar next to wisdom tooth. Only under for 15 minutes - checked watch as soon as I woke up.

Taking as much self-care time as needed after turning in my keys last week.

Went through laundry training and ran the washer for the first time since maybe 1981. DW gets a knee replacement tomorrow so I need to know how to do laundry. And I need to start cooking if I want to eat. At least that's what I've been told.

Finally finished planting the flowers we bought.
Picked up some books from the library, so may sit outside and read later, enjoy the sun and coffee.

^^ Great advice!! So far my lessons have only been how to turn the washer on, settings, and how much soap to put in.

I’ll remember to mix reds and whites when I get to that point in training.

Went through laundry training and ran the washer for the first time since maybe 1981. DW gets a knee replacement tomorrow so I need to know how to do laundry. And I need to start cooking if I want to eat. At least that's what I've been told.
For eating...there's an app for that! (y)

For Ronstar: Next up: practical application of Iron, the hot kind. Decisions, collar and cuffs first or last.

Had my 6 month dermatologist checkup. Two scrape samples, and 7 freeze spots, kinda typical results for each visit. Being past basal, squamous and melanoma, I am on perpetual 6 month visits.

The local Fidelity office had been calling me to come in and meet them. I decided I had an hour to spare, so I went in. The rep was really nice, and I enjoyed our talk. The main thing I wanted was for him to put in a transfer bonus for when I move my funds there. I got it. I also got him to round my transfer up to the next million so I could get an extra $1k. I also got a Diet Coke. Not a bad morning.

Interesting!! I'm not even sure where the washer/dryer are located at in our home. Lol I'll have to ask and find out.
Good luck it will be a full-time job doing all those wonderful things our better half do for us.

Interesting!! I'm not even sure where the washer/dryer are located at in our home. Lol I'll have to ask and find out.
Good luck it will be a full-time job doing all those wonderful things our better half do for us.
Shortly after my wife died, I found the washer and dryer in the room next to the garage (my hangout). I sold them with the house and when I moved into the new place, I realized I actually needed them after all. So I bought new ones......mostly run by their respective computers and they have 60 page user manuals. So I had to learn how to use them and after 6 months, I am doing ok.

Today was a follow-up appointment with the cardiologist, who listened to my heart & lungs and pronounced me healthy for the next six months. I think that's how it works, because that's when my next appointment is.

Today was a follow-up appointment with the cardiologist, who listened to my heart & lungs and pronounced me healthy for the next six months. I think that's how it works, because that's when my next appointment is.
Good thing he didn't tell you to come back in three months!

I got things really moving at the old place. I rented a storage unit close by, and found a guy in the park with a pickup. We moved 10 plastic tubs and a Lane Hope Chest to the unit so far.
I also cleaned out a 5 shelf pantry of all the old dry goods in there, I gave a beautiful standing piano lamp to one of my neighbors that has a grand piano. It looked great there.
I am half way through the family room, and will finish it next week. Then on to the master bath and master bedroom (Phew).

I did a little hedge trimming, attending a webinar and am reading these forums as I avoid my self-paced tax course during my day off the bike! :)

I did a little bit of job at the shellfish site, and turned in my last timecard for the month. Heading out for some yard work now.

That is awesome!!!

Shortly after my wife died, I found the washer and dryer in the room next to the garage (my hangout). I sold them with the house and when I moved into the new place, I realized I actually needed them after all. So I bought new ones......mostly run by their respective computers and they have 60 page user manuals. So I had to learn how to use them and after 6 months, I am doing ok.
LOL!!!
I think if I live longer then my lovely wife I will have to just have someone come in and do all those things.

Around a month of sitting on the couch after foot surgery.

Looking forward to getting the stitches out next week & starting physical therapy so I can walk again.

Then I have to have the other one done...

On the list for today: grocery shopping, laundry, and then out for dinner with DS, DGS, DH and I.
DS and DGS are fixing the meal.

Sitting at DD's house while the 20 year old master bath gets torn out. My anniversary gift to them is a remodeled bathroom ($$$$). They are at work so Dad is manning the fort!

Back
Top Bottom