Bald Squirrel

Patron saint of bald rat strangling?

There are some weird patron saints in the medieval baggage the Catholic church drags around with it like an old fashioned ladies' bustle. Among the more tame (but still weird) is St. Sebastian, the patron saint of archers. He was martyred by the Romans who executed him by shooting him with arrows until he expired.

Pages on Google about St Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital and their care for the wee broken fauna: frogs w/ broken legs, hedgehog boarding etc. Nothing about the saint yet. And the patron saint of archers? Isn't that like .... backwards somehow? like - the point isn't to get shot? Dang Brits - they are fun ducks.

Jeez, doesn't anybody read classic bedtime stories to their kids anymore? Mrs. Tiggywinkles was the hedgehog in the Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit stories. If I was going to name a wildlife hospital, she would be a good patron. I suspect the St. part came from the TV show that was on during the 80's - St. Elsewhere. There was never a Catholic saint named Elsewhere either.

Harley - feeling old and dated now :duh:

Jeez, doesn't anybody read classic bedtime stories to their kids anymore? Mrs. Tiggywinkles was the hedgehog in the Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit stories.

Dang, knew I had heard the name before. Mrs. Tiggywinkle was supposedly modelled after Potter's washerwoman.

Beatrix Potter books have all sorts of weird things in them. Great riddles:

The man in the market said to me
"How many strawberries grow in the sea?"
I answered him as I thought good
"As many herrings as swim in the wood."

I wonder what kind of joke could be made about a bald squirrel and his nuts.

Dang. you had to go there. Cue CFB posting....

I was getting it ready before I even read the thread.

Silly posters, context and segues are for kids.

img_681932_0_7433cec7ac88fa17984256ea9ce3b457.jpg

Jedi squirrels...

We named him "Nords"...

That is what a hard life of drinking beer,pizza,light saber fights and water skiing will get ya.

Bald squirrel has a totally different meaning to me... >:D
You are so bad! But hey, as Mae West said "When I'm good I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better".

Back
Top Bottom